FS: AMD Sapphire 290x with EK Nickle WB

Justintoxicated

[H]F Junkie
$SOLD! for the card, block and backplate. Includes the original heat-sink and box too (like new!).

Just upgraded to a 1080ti. I mined on this guy for about 2-3 full weeks last month and it never broke a sweat (I Have 2x480mm radiators). Garlic Hash was 370-380ish average 1080ti was getting around 700. So it's an older card but it was top of the line when released.

It's about the same speed as an RX580 I think, but it uses more power to get there. Good thing there's a water block to keep it cool!
http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-RX-580-vs-AMD-R9-290X/3923vs2166

I purchased it new and kind got out of gaming so it had a allot of idle time.
I replaced all the thermal pads with Fujipoly Extreme (like $30 worth of high end thermal pads) so I would suggest not removing the block since it's typically best to replace the pads when you do (I mean go for it if you want to, but good thermal pads are not cheap).

Card is dual bios and the secondary bios is flashed with stilt's mining bios (you can reflash to whatever you want)

When I removed it and cleaned the loop everything looked excellent from everything I could see visually (I used distilled and PT nuke).

EK Back Plate is attached and included (Sorry forgot to take a picture).

i08iHtY.jpg

wQXkUue.jpg

Last edited:
price reduced again. Waterblock and backplate, cost almost this alone on ebay you basically get the card free.

price lowered. This is still a good card right. It's had nice cool life with the waterblock on it since it was almost new (not long before I put the waterblock on it).

Price reduced again, but it looks like I might need to put this on ebay.

For those that know know, I believe it is about the same speed as an RX580...
http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-RX-580-vs-AMD-R9-290X/3923vs2166

Maybe my price is too low and someone thinks there is something wrong with it? The waterblock is $200 alone on ebay!
Or maybe people building water cooled PC's don't want older cards?

Last edited:
PM sent. Have a picture of the original cooler? and is this 4gb or 8gb?
4GB

VUjCS1M.jpg

RdUE5AC.jpg

vtAibtF.jpg

The original cooler has been sitting in the box in my closet since it was pulled, I put tape over the pads to keep them clean. Although it's always recommended to replace them I think.

Back