FS: 600GB Raptors, AMD 6 core CPUs, AM3+ mobos, 14" Sony i7 laptop, BR10i, and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having gone through a hardware refresh in my home lab and the purchase of a new laptop, I've got a glut of parts I'm looking to offload again. Heat in signature.

All prices include shipping. I'm not looking for any trades at the moment, just cash! :)

19x 600GB 2.5" Western Digital Velociraptor 10k RPM WD6000BLHX drives - $70 shipped each, or buy them all for $1,200 shipped

Purchased these drives from Newegg during their BF sale in Nov 2013. I ran them in my file server for a while hosting virtual machines but have since gone to an all SSD setup instead. These were refurbished drives that came with a 3 year warranty and did NOT come with the WD heatsink so you'll need to keep them cool with a fan or heatsink. I had them installed in drive cages with fans blowing air across them and they rarely got above 40C.

2x AMD Phenom II X6 1045T CPUs with stock heatsinks - $75 shipped each SOLD

These were running in a pair of Hyper-V servers for a while and work great. Always kept cool.

AMD FX-6300 6 core CPU with stock heatsink - $85 shipped SOLD

Also ran in a whitebox server. Runs great.

2x MSI 760G-E51 FX AM3+ mATX motherboards - $45 shipped each - 1 SOLD

These were running the Phenoms above. These are great little mATX boards since they support 32GB of RAM. Come with IO shield only.

2x MSI 760G-E51 AM3 mATX motherboards - $40 shipped each

These used to run my Phenoms above but I upgraded to the FX model for 32GB of RAM support. Bare boards only.

Gigabyte 78LMT-S2P AM3+ mATX motherboard - $40 shipped

Got this as part of a Microcenter CPU bundle and never used it. Comes with all accessories.

Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 AM3+ mATX motherboard - $45 shipped SOLD

Also a rock solid little board. Supports 32GB of RAM. Comes with IO shield only.

IBM BR10i SAS/SATA controller with 2x SFF8087 to 4xSATA breakout cables - $80 shipped

Used this in my file server for a while. No troubles and comes flashed with IT firmware for disk passthrough. Can be flashed to become a traditional RAID card.
2x Intel PRO/1000 PT low profile quad port PCI-E network card - $70 shipped each

These are great gigabit cards for anyone wanting more ports for a whitebox server. Comes with full and low profile brackets.

Intel PRO/1000 VT quad port PCI-E network card - $75 shipped

Server based quad port NIC.

2x Intel PRO/1000 PT dual port PCI-E network cards - $40 shipped each

Also great cards. Used in my Hyper-V hosts for a while with no issues.

Sony Vaio SVE14A27CXH laptop - $425 shipped SOLD

Specs:

14" LED lit touchscreen with 1600x900 resolution
Intel i7-3632QM quad core CPU
8GB RAM
750GB 7200rpm hard drive
2GB AMD 7670M GPU
DVD-RW
Onboard Wifi and Bluetooth
Backlit keyboard

I've had this laptop for about a year and it works fine. Nice little powerhouse of a laptop. The hard drive is easily replaceable and the memory can be upgraded to 16GB. However, I decided to replace it with a Haswell based laptop.

The laptop is in overall good shape, save for a small piece of bezel that chipped off near the left hinge of where the screen attaches to the base and wear on the area next to the touchpad where your wrists would rest. The body is plastic and creaks a bit when carrying the laptop which I'm sure is just the plastic showing its age. I also had a pair of stickers on the back of the screen that I've removed. You can see a faint outline of where they used to be.

The laptop came with Windows 8 Home Premium but I've since reloaded the OS with my own copy of Windows 8.1 Pro. I plan to leave the hard disk blank so you can install your own OS, but if that doesn't work for you let me know and we'll work something out.

Laptop comes with battery and external power adapter only. Battery typically lasts 3-3.5 hours depending on screen brightness, usage, etc.

Last edited:
Op i had same raptor drive no heat sink back i 2010, bought it on craigslist for 100. They NEVER got hot, never passed 42c. infact i had a sale thread selling it back in 2012. It was my steam/gaming drive. My patriot wildfire would fail before the raptor would. I sold it for 120 after two years of owning it. Aweseome drive and for 75 with whats left of warranty i think its a good deal.
Buump

Thank you sir! The drives are definitely fast and didn't give me any cooling trouble. Still, I'd be sure to have some air blowing over them just to be safe.

Sent you a pm for one of the MSI boards for $45. Have PayPal ready to go. At work right now, will be slow on response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back