FS: 400GB Sun F40 Flash Accelerator (LSI WarpDrive) PCI-e SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobleX13

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a used 400GB Sun F40 Flash Accelerator (LSI WarpDrive) PCI-e SSD for sale. Used this in my VMware host as a datastore for some time before decommissioning it. Originally purchased second-hand from a recycler on eBay. Drive features eMLC NAND... Practically indestructible.

Low profile bracket shown, but I should have a full-height bracket that I can include. Remind me via PM and I'll throw one in.

Sun Data Sheet

Keeping

Heatware: NobleX13 (193-0-0)

Photos:

1.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited:
Is this in IT mode where each of the storage units shows up as 100GB each? Is this bootable for non-uefi systems? Do the read/write speeds exceed that of a normal sata ssd like the Samsung evo? Thank you in advance for the answers!

Is this in IT mode where each of the storage units shows up as 100GB each? Is this bootable for non-uefi systems? Do the read/write speeds exceed that of a normal sata ssd like the Samsung evo? Thank you in advance for the answers!

It is in IT mode... It shows up as four 100GB drives to the OS. I am not aware of a method to boot from this. I don't have any benchmarks handy, but I can get some tonight. From what I recall these were on par with a regular SATA SSD. Maybe a bit faster.

Thank you! From the research I've done, this is supposedly basically an lsi controller 'glued' together with some seagate nytro sas ssds, and should be bootable, but only if there's some sort of lsi controller banner at boot--is there a banner? Benchmarks would be terrific! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back