FS: 3x Sun Microsystems GDM-5510 21" Perfect Flat FD Trinitron Monitors

evilroot

Weaksauce
These monitors are the best I have ever used, and made a GREAT triple-monitor setup on my rather large desk! They are all but new with hardly even a scratch on them, and the date codes are all mid to late 2003. They are the current model Sun sells with new systems, and can be seen on Sun's website here (and Sun sells them for $900 BEFORE shipping). You quite simply won't find a better monitor for under $1k anywhere.

Specs:
21" FD Trinitron® (True Flat Screen) Tube, 19.8" Viewable
0.24mm Dot Pitch
2048 x 1536 @ 75Hz Maximum Resolution (1600x1200 @ 100Hz is TEH WIN)
Timing Data Table (TDT) - 28 modes, User-Adjustable - 15 settings
Dual VGA Video inputs (Or remove the cable adapter to connect to a Sun workstation with 13w3)
Dimensions (WxHxD): 19.72x 20 x 19.88

These are fully PC frequency compatible. They will work with any normal PC or Mac computer with a VGA port!

Pictures:

5510_1.jpg

5510__2.jpg

5510_3.jpg

Asking $220 each shipped, or $150 each for local pickup in Raleigh, NC

I have three availible, and I can negotiate a bit if you want a pair or the full tri-monitor setup (and belive me, you DO)

Nice monitors... we've got one of those at work.

If I lived in NC... I'd pick them up and make a triple monitor setup out of these... :D

luckkky: They were purchased new from Sun Microsystems, they were not refurbished. I don't belive they are still under Sun warranty (since they were purchased along with Blade systems that only have 1yr warranty) but I'll warranty them for 30 days from when you receive them.

Of course those familiar with Sun hardware know its practically indestructible, I have an earlier model 20" Sun monitor in my workroom that's a good decade old and still works perfectly. :D

I have the GDM-5021PT Sony 21" Trinitron from 1999 and is working great. Is there any real difference from getting one of these compared to what I have?

eat2na said:
I have the GDM-5021PT Sony 21" Trinitron from 1999 and is working great. Is there any real difference from getting one of these compared to what I have?

i have two exactly the same. got them free. Insanely good quality.
Bump for some nice screens

They're still here! People keep saying they're going to buy them and then changing their minds. :confused:

Back