FS: 256MB&512MB DDR SODIMMs and RDRAM

the inexpensive Apex dvd players you find at Walmart plays anything you throw in it ..they run about $38 now .. I have one and it plays dvd's. vcd'c , dvd+/-rws ..whatever I put in it ..it plays .. even some messed up dvd's that I had a hard time playing on my computer :)

ThreeDee said:
the inexpensive Apex dvd players you find at Walmart plays anything you throw in it ..they run about $38 now .. I have one and it plays dvd's. vcd'c , dvd+/-rws ..whatever I put in it ..it plays .. even some messed up dvd's that I had a hard time playing on my computer :)

I may look into that. Would you happen to know the model of the one you have?

RDRAM:

2x256mb (512MB) Samsung PC800 40ns RDRAM The model number for this ram is MR16R1628AF0-CM8 800-40 - $135 shipped

Might have you a buyer. Will try and locate them.
*bump none the less*

Definately got a buyer for the RDRAM - IF - it is compatible with her Gateway.
(I'm RamBuss Stoopid)
She has 256mb generic PC800 RDRAM in it now, if there's anyway we can be sure of compatibilty, she'll take it via Paypal.

Well my sticks are 40ns. She may have 45ns. Do you know what model gateway she has or what CPU she has?

Won't be able to get that info until tomorrow.
I'd hate to stick her with $135 worth of RAM she can't use.

If you get a buyer, don't hold em for me, but I'll try my best to get you a sale.

xplicit said:
Won't be able to get that info until tomorrow.
I'd hate to stick her with $135 worth of RAM she can't use.

If you get a buyer, don't hold em for me, but I'll try my best to get you a sale.

No problem, just let me know. Just find out what Gateway model and what CPU she has.

Also, I just remembered, 40ns sticks are backwards compatible with 45ns sticks. So these sticks should work in her Gateway. The only way she may not want these sticks is if she needs ECC sticks. Mine are non-ECC. If she has ECC sticks right now, and wants to use them with mine, it'll still work, the motherboard wil just default to non-ECC for all sticks.

So unless for some reason she really needs ECC, these sticks will work. By the way, if she purchases my ram and it doesn't work in her computer for some reason, I'll give a refund (she'll just have to send the sticks back).

Good news and bad news.

Bad news: She decided not to upgrade the Gateway. Last year she spent more than you are asking for your 512mb on a measly 256mb. (you have a good price)

Good news: She talked me into building her a new PC.

Sorry guy, I really tried.

Back