Fry's i7 860-biostar T55CFX-sli mobo $249.99-$20 MIR=$229

NKD

[H]F Junkie
this is instore only tomorrow, and one day sale, GOOD luck. I just got off work and I was the one who put up the sign. the board is pretty decent it is not one of the cheap biostar boards, it is all solid caps and 6 phase power, not the best looking board but pretty decent if you consider the price. GOOD LUCK GUYS.

Sigh...I hate not having Fry's. Was looking to upgrade my i5 750. That motherboard alone is $135 at Newegg.

A bit of extra proof:

Rest of the ad found here:
http://newspaperads.dfw.com/ROP/ads.aspx?adid=8637107&advid=15646&type=

That MB should be good to go as long as you don't over clock - correct?

I bought the i5 750 with that mb 2 weeks ago at frys and i got my overclock at 4.3 ghz,only thing i dont like is that it doesnt have raid.

That MB should be good to go as long as you don't over clock - correct?

i don't see why it would be a bad overclocking board... i've had good success with their tpower boards in the past. the board in the deal is a solid board, you should be able to get a decent oc on it.

I got in on the earlier 860 deal with the low end biostar tp55 board, and my OC went to 3.85 stable and I hardly know anything about OCing :)

I bet you could hit 4+ with that board.

yea this is a better board than the earlier sale they had a few weeks ago, looks like a better quality board from the demo I looked at, all solid caps, and pretty decent layout. we have quite a few boards and I am sure we'll run out of them, lol.

I bought the i5 750 with that mb 2 weeks ago at frys and i got my overclock at 4.3 ghz,only thing i dont like is that it doesnt have raid.

I want to start out by saying that this is just a killer deal.

That said crap like that is why I hated the Tpower i45 with a passion. I can only imagine what standard bios options are missing on this board like the i45. I would pick up this deal and sell the unopened board on the forum. If Biostar wants to start selling "enthusiast" boards they should really work on their bios. I'll take Asrock over Biostar anyday. Sorry for the rant but the i45 was just so shitty.

I just had to buy that dam shuttle since I didnt think any deals were going out. Someone shoot me!!!!!

hot deal! was able to grab one from roseville.....not to sure what im gonna do with it tho, running a i7 920 right now. :|

People that don't have a frys shouldn't be too upset. I struck out last month on that i-5 deal because of no mobos in stock. Today I go there to get this deal.. I was overjoyed when they had 1 motherboard in stock. The guy writes it up, tells me the processor is in the front, sends me on my way. After waiting in their stupid ridiculously long theme park ride line, the guy rings me up at $400. I'm like wtf, check his ad homie. He gets a manager, the manager tells me its a combo deal and they are out of stock. I'm like what are you talking about, here's the motherboard and here's the processor. She says no, it comes in one box SORRY!

By the way, I went to the Roseville location.

Last edited:
People that don't have a frys shouldn't be too upset. I struck out last month on that i-5 deal because of no mobos in stock. Today I go there to get this deal.. I was overjoyed when they had 1 motherboard in stock. The guy writes it up, tells me the processor is in the front, sends me on my way. After waiting in their stupid ridiculously long theme park ride line, the guy rings me up at $400. I'm like wtf, check his ad homie. He gets a manager, the manager tells me its a combo deal and they are out of stock. I'm like what are you talking about, here's the motherboard and here's the processor. She says no, it comes in one box SORRY!

Nope, they lied to your face. They combine the two separate items, in separate boxes, to create the combo. I would have ripped them a new one.

I dont know what happened there, something really fishy, we had 21 boards and we were sold out about half an hour ago. some stores are really jacked up, but we are pretty stirict with selling it until we have none, unless it is already binned for someone who decided to come back later, you should have gone back to the components sales desk, the service manager don't know jack shit and if they have a mile long line to deal with they would say anything to get back to their priorities. your best bet is going back to components desk and getting it fixed up there, and you don't have to wait in line you can go back to the same cashier.

it is true sometime they don't evenly distribute the boards the vendor's are careless they would send 40 boards to A location when 20 of those were suppose to go to B store, have seen it happen all the time

by the way biostar has come a pretty long way in enthusiast market, ofcourse all the 50 dollar boards they sell are crap but their mid-highend range boards are pretty decent as of recently.

Well I just called back, they sold out of the deal. I talked to a guy named vince from components. He agreed that I got fucked hardcore and transferred me to someone to write a "core" they will get back to me today. Hopefully they can either give me a raincheck or substitute motherboard for their royal screwing of me.

Foy you lucky Fry's guys; this is a smoking hot deal! you are basically getting the mobo for free and from what I know; this mobo is just as good as any of the other P55 boards and supports x-fire and SLI.

damn lucky bastards

Ok, I went back to my roseville frys. For some reason they still hadt he board and processor. I talked to the supervisor of the components department. He agreed I was screwed, so he personally went up to the checkout counter with me to make sure I got the deal. 270 dollars altogether, so I ended up lucking out and getting the last motherboard they had for the combo.

I'm sort of on the fence about this. I have a Q9450 / Asus P5Q Deluxe based system at the moment running at 3.2GHz with a GTX 275.

Kind of wondering what sort of performance increase I'd get with this config, assuming I overclocked the 860 to 3.2GHz as well or whatever is practicable.

Thoughts? Obviously I'd have to invest in ram and a new cpu cooler as well, so a substantial investment overall. Wondering if it really makes sense given my current system.

it is true sometime they don't evenly distribute the boards the vendor's are careless they would send 40 boards to A location when 20 of those were suppose to go to B store, have seen it happen all the time

you work at Palo Alto?

I decided not to keep the combo I got. Still in packaging, sku untouched (you can still do the rebate).

PM me if interested.

located in SoCal.

Back