Fry's HDD deal... Seagate 200GB $108 - 60 rebate

Got one, now its older brother from the compusa rebate can have a friend to raid with. Oh and these are the older( and tryed and true) 7200.7's, not the newer ones that are having delayed write errors durring mad hd usage.

For me it, shows up as $99.99 - $60 MIR for $39.99 - .20 cents/GB! This drive ships with a FIVE year warranty - you would be nuts not to jump all over this.

DougLite said:
Gig-O-Meter (Hard Drive space in my basement): 2,836GB

I guess you just passed the 3TB mark then? Can I ask what you do with that much HDD space?

Hmm I wonder if this HD can be added to those SR1010Z compUSA computers from July 1st. I dont think they have that raid thing that lets you put 2+ hds on it.

garry26 said:
Hmm I wonder if this HD can be added to those SR1010Z compUSA computers from July 1st. I dont think they have that raid thing that lets you put 2+ hds on it.

You don't need raid to have 2+ hard drives. Any computer can have any combination of at least 4 hard drives and or cd/dvd drives. Many new computers with SATA can have more.

The only thing that may limit you is room inside the case, but a little duct tape can fix that ;)

Compared to a SATA 200 GB 7200 RPM hard drive, how much slower would this ATA one be reading/writing or would the difference be negligible?

Wow I think I'll order 2 of these then. I don't plan on putting my Hard drives in RAID anyway, so no SATA is no big deal. And now I can have 400 GB of storage for less than I would've had my 200GB Seagate SATA($123 Newegg vs $80 for two of these beasts!) It doesn't matter where the drives are ordered from as long as they're ordered online by the 5th, correct? Secondly, how good is Seagate with their rebates?

Edit: Just noticed the pesky 1 per household as well as the "must be ordered from Fry's or outpost." Heh. Gotta go order one tonight :).

Edit #2: Bah, sold out and no Fry's closer than 2,000 miles. Oh well.

Saw this deal in the newspaper the other day...picked one up today, might get another tomorrow (if they're open on the 4th? probably not). Awesome deal!

Great deal, I just jumped on this one. I came home from vacation to find my main storage drive corrupt and un-recoverable. hella sweet. Thanks for the link!

Had to let it grow on me a couple days but I finally gave in. Gonna stick this in an external enclosure to use with my new laptop when I get it.

i paid $60 for 3 160gig Seagates on outpost.............

Frys is less than ten miles away.......................

do i really need more hard drives????????????

got mine through right under the wire...what do you all think would qualify for a valid sales receipt for the rebate? (if you purchased through outpost, that is)

Oh these god damn bastards....I checked the status of my rebate yesterday, and guess what the website says. My rebate was denied due to INVALID PURCHASE DATE. Um, ok.....checked the rebate details => valid 7/1/05 - 7/5/05. Checked my purchase date => 7/5/05. Looks kosher to me!

So I emailed customer support, and the response I get says the promotion was only valid from 7/1 to 7/4!!!!! I have the original PDF still and it clearly states in 2 different spots, 7/1 to 7/5. I am going to raise hell over this, and for those of you who also ordered on the 5th, have you gotten the same "denied" status?

shit! you're right. i bought mine on 7/5 and i have an invalid purchase date on my tracking number. i will raise hell along with you; keep me posted if you get something back from them.

ok, i sent seagate an e-mail through their rebate site and got this reply last night:

Thank you for your rebate inquiry. You are a valued Seagate customer, so we are pleased to inform you that we have updated your record. Your rebate submission is now valid. The rebate check should be mailed in the next 4-6 weeks.

So, it looks like they may have tried to dodge some rebates to see if anyone would complain. :rolleyes:

good to know, m1dg3t. looks like I might have to complain some more though, as I'm still waiting on a second response.

Don't forget about last year when they denied all rebates and only paid the ones that people called about..THEY ARE SCAMERS
at first they blamed it on a third company..they they said they sent the wrong serials
then it was something else...sent in on sept6 paid in feb after calling the att generals office in my state.

watch these crooks and their rebates WATCH THEM BIG TIME

just fair warning

sparks

bwah ha ha >> "Thank you for your rebate inquiry. We are pleased to inform you that your submission has been received and validated, and it is in the final stages of processing. Your rebate check should be mailed in the next 4-6 weeks. "

Translation = we were trying to pull one over on you, good form...here's your cookie.

I wonder how often this goes on with other MIR; the company decides to mass-deny submissions and then caves only for the people who bother to raise a fuss. Bastards. Oh, and @ sparks, I was in on that last Seagate "wrong serials" debacle as well, yet somehow the check managed to find its way to me...you'd think I would have learned by now to avoid these things!!! Ugh

infiniteloop the only thing wrong here is WHY do we have to watch out for these things.
Why do we have to deal with crap like this.
WE should not have to...THEY need to either make the rebates easy and fool proof or do away with them.

My vote do away with them...make them illegal...well not while the co's run the country.
we can screw everyone just enough ....

BIGGEST scammer on rebates in my opinion is STAPLES...that trash co needs to go out of business..overpriced and ripp off rebates are the worst I have ever seen.

sparks

Back