Fry's B&M Visiontek 4870 $210 AR/4850 $110 AR

Gh()st

Limp Gawd
I haven't seen this posted yet, and I'm betting it's an effort to counter BB's current sale. I was at my local Fry's picking up an LCD for the wife, and walked past the vid cards. Noticed they apparently have a sale on the Visiontek 48xx ATI cards. I don't remember seeing this in the weekly Friday/Saturday flyer. ( or even today's) Anyways, Here you go:

0922081724a.jpg

They have the 4870 marked down to $249 with a $40 MIR. = $210 (+tax on the original $250)
They have the 4850 marked down to $149 with a $40 MIR. = $110 (+tax on the original $150)

:eek:

I picked up 1 of the 4870's......;)

but a 2'fer on the 4850's for $110 each is REALLY tempting.

I haven't seen this posted yet, and I'm betting it's an effort to counter BB's current sale.
It is actually. There just so happened to be a MIR that was valid at the time. If you don't care for MIRs, Best Buy gives you a $10 gift certificate when you get them there instead. The supervisors at Fry's get copies of the sale flyers from their competitors and then have the department manager match all the prices. Saves the sales people the pain of price matching stuff.

lol i might just have to pick up a 4850 for a wtf, a "budget" card. wow!

Very nice, might drop by Fry's myself. Best Buy is more convenient if you don't like rebates, though.

Really nice price on that 4850, any chance this deal will make its way to Frys.com?

If ever I've seen a legit deal on [H] that deserved the title of "Smokin' Hot" - it's the 4850 for $110

I just picked up a 4850 at the local BB yesterday for $149.99 - $30 gift card - $10 gift card (from BB) and now Fry's comes out with this. When will it end?

i just got cf 4850 and 4850 crossfire is really cheap dualcard solution
worth the money

crap... i shoulda made the drive out there... doh! which fry's was that at? i'm in oregon and they don't like pricematching the other stores.

damn not having a frys close...these deals just depress me...

Not to rub it in... but, There are 2 Fry's in my immediate area, and 2 others within respectable driving distance for good deals. :p

Plano, TX - <15mins drive
Irving, TX - <15mins drive
Garland, TX - <30mins drive
Arlington, TX - <1hr drive

crap... i shoulda made the drive out there... doh! which fry's was that at? i'm in oregon and they don't like pricematching the other stores.

The Plano, TX store. I would imagine the Garland, and Irving stores are the same. (relative distance within the local market would say they're all matching.) Unsure of the Arlington store. Maybe we've got some I-20 & Cooper peeps that can confirm?

Oh, and I didn't count the stock. (doh, sorry. didn't think about that aspect until now)... I want to say there were apprx 6-8 4870's left when I walked out the door @ 6:30pm central, and probably 10-12 4850's on the shelves in Plano.

Not bad... I just got a brand new one off eBay for $210 shipped... saved me couple dollars on tax

:D

Cool!!!

This is the best HD4850 deal ever!!! :D

I'm laughing because yesterday I went to Fry's with BB add in hand and bought a VisionTek HD4850 for $179.99.

Exited the store then walked back in the entrance with the BB add and Fry's "cheerfully" credited me 110% of the difference. The difference was $47.63.

The manager on Duty at Fry's was very cool and even credited me the $10 gift card portion from the cost of the card.

So I bought the card for $135.99+tax!!! :)

On top of that I got a $40 mail in rebate!!!

Total cost of my HD4850 with MIR is $95.99+tax!!!!! :)

Fry's rocks!

Another thing.... Maby Fry's caught on to my deal. :D

The difference in price now is only $10 with the gift card. So that@110% is $11 from $149.99= $138.99-$40 MIR = $98.99 if you can work the deal that I got.

Still a smoking hot deal!!!!

Looks like BB put them in a situation where they had to do this to possiblly save money.

Wonder if my deal yesterday alerted a RED FLAG for Fry's.... :D

I'm at the Fry's in AZ and they are still $299 before rebate and won't price match. He called BB and everything?? Is he being a dick?

I'm at the Fry's in AZ and they are still $299 before rebate and won't price match. He called BB and everything?? Is he being a dick?

Do they have the price listed in the store?

It may be a deal that not all Fry's are doing.

Some of the supervisors/managers won't price match something if it loses them money (which this does...markup is ~$25). Not much you can do then.

Do they have the price listed in the store?

It may be a deal that not all Fry's are doing.
It's not on sale really. As I said earlier, the supervisors are supposed to research what the competition has on sale that week and then they have their manager (or the store manager) match the price. It has to be done by each store as they only override the price in the store, not nationwide (since not all their stores have the same competitors).

Welp still a good deal. And I lied it rang up at $279.99 so that's 239 after rebate.

Try your luck at returns? It will be a different person price matching it then.

Yeah I'll be watching the prices the next few days. Will see if I can get my hands on a printed ad. I did notice that 4870 in the BB ad says after $50 savings, so is that already taking into account the $40 rebate plus $10 gift? So maybe it's still $299 at BB after all.

Yeah I'll be watching the prices the next few days. Will see if I can get my hands on a printed ad. I did notice that 4870 in the BB ad says after $50 savings, so is that already taking into account the $40 rebate plus $10 gift? So maybe it's still $299 at BB after all.

I'm pretty sure it's $249/$149 + the usual local tax rate for BB B&M within markets that got the Sunday flyer.... No rebates, no muss/fuss/ado. I can't speak to whether the Fry's $40 rebate is something BB is applying pre-purchase/manufacturer incentive that BB is handling, while Fry's is passing the buck. ???

From what I've seen, the MIR Fry's has seems to have been in place before the BB deal. (Something Fry's had already in the works with the distributor/MFG'er?)

For now it looks like 1 of the stores in my local area has decided to price match/compete against the BB deal. ( most likely knowing they have the $40 rebate in their favor to help sway the fold....) Since I didn't have a chance to check the other 3, I'd need folks in the immediate Dallas/Ft.Worth area to chime in on their local store's pricing.

Did you go to the North Phoenix or the Mesa location? Were the 4850's the same?

I'm pretty sure it's $249/$149 + the usual local tax rate for BB B&M within markets that got the Sunday flyer.... No rebates, no muss/fuss/ado. I can't speak to whether the Fry's $40 rebate is something BB is applying pre-purchase/manufacturer incentive that BB is handling, while Fry's is passing the buck. ???

From what I've seen, the MIR Fry's has seems to have been in place before the BB deal. (Something Fry's had already in the works with the distributor/MFG'er?)

For now it looks like 1 of the stores in my local area has decided to price match/compete against the BB deal. ( most likely knowing they have the $40 rebate in their favor to help sway the fold....) Since I didn't have a chance to check the other 3, I'd need folks in the immediate Dallas/Ft.Worth area to chime in on their local store's pricing.
The Plano store is rather good about it...wonder why. ;)

Also, after inspecting the price tag more closely, I kinda get a giggle about the offered "service plans" along the bottom. (and yes, I know that's probably a standard tag)

Um, Hello. Visiontek = Lifetime warranty..... :rolleyes: :D

Damn thats hot. Waiting for s sub $200 4870 without rebates though...

The Plano store is rather good about it...wonder why. ;)

Agreed...

The newly revamped CUSA across 75 (*cough* Tigerdirect.com *cough*), a B&M BB up the road, and a Microcenter just a little 'bit south on 75, puts that store in a more "price competitive" area.

Agreed...

The newly revamped CUSA across 75 (*cough* Tigerdirect.com *cough*), a B&M BB up the road, and a Microcenter just a little 'bit south on 75, puts that store in a more "price competitive" area.
I was leaning more towards the fact that I helped do it Sunday morning (that is, figuring out what needs to be price adjusted...though not that item specifically). :p

,,|,, is for all you little bastards with fry's close to you...

=)

Back