Fry's 1.5TB WD - 89.99

~ever~

2[H]4U
Looks like its the Green WD. 64MB buffer. It came out on the Newspaper yesterday. Newegg has them for 120 retail. I think its a good deal.

Not that hot of a deal. It's available online too but it's 89.99 + tax or shipping. The same drive is $99 on Newegg w/FS.

Not that hot of a deal. It's available online too but it's 89.99 + tax or shipping. The same drive is $99 on Newegg w/FS.

I think the one being sold at Fry's is a retail one. NE's is OEM.

whats the diff between oem and retail ? big pointless box and a sata cable? or do retail even come with sata cable? I think the title should say IN store only and give the stores name but i dont know how hotdeals section works id say warm at least

whats the diff between oem and retail ? big pointless box and a sata cable? or do retail even come with sata cable? I think the title should say IN store only and give the stores name but i dont know how hotdeals section works id say warm at least

A little better protection while being shipped (if not buy locally), sata cable (maybe a sata/power combo cable), etc.

It's not super hot, but it isn't bad at all, specially for a late gen WD Green drive.

Well you get a little better protection and im not saying buying from Newegg will result in a dead HD but you know how UPS and Fedex handle packages.

With Fry's you can just drive over there and get a replacement right away. No waiting for the drive to be sent back and then a new one shipped to you.

I'm thinking of buying this. I'm not happy with the 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda I got from Microcenter last week for $79.99. The reviews on it are mixed on Newegg and rightfully so, I'm already getting some trouble from the drive, especially very loud and noticeable occasional clicking sounds from the drive. And already Disk Sentinel is reporting two bad sectors with it, whereas my 640gb WD Green drive is perfectly run after 1.5 years of use.

Looks like from what I'm hearing, WD and Hitachi make good drives and Seagate is now junk sadly.

Back