frustrating WC build - need pointers.

Skoobs

Weaksauce
I have the Mountain Mods Plateau case, and i am having a hard time putting together a WC setup for it.

101_0994.jpg

101_1000.jpg

i originally had a black ice sr-1 240 on order, but i emailed the place i got it from to cancel after re-measuring. heres my dilemma:

compfront.jpg

the area i have to work with on the side is 265 mm long from the side to the 5.25 bays.

d-sr1-240.jpg

the radiator is 277 mm... one cm shorter. =(

now, i could put one 360 rad on the side of the case... for this i would probably use the koolance 360 rad shroud so that i could put the fans outside the case, have them look good, and have room for the rad. these are the measurements:

compside360.jpg

However, the depth is inconvenient.

side360pcie.jpg

not only will the video card that is in there be blocking a lot of the airflow, but the rad will be blocking my LAST 16x PCIE slot! granted, i will probably upgrade before i ever go SLI, but still...

heres the rad measurement:

d-sr1-360.jpg

Wow you need a bigger case.
Here's the reality. You'll have to go without the fan shroud to fit the rads.
Just go with 2x240s because I don't think you can even fit a 360 rad plus fans down there can you?

the shroud would be so that i can have the fans OUTSIDE the case, and inside the case would be the rad.

check it out here: http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=691

the fans go inside the shroud, and the radiator goes on the other side of the case panel, i believe.

heres my other idea: i could put the shroud on top. but once again there is a problem. haha

topwithshroud.jpg

however, ...

topPCIpower.jpg

the pcie 6+2 power cable sticks up too far! does anyone know of a right-angle one of these cables?

i would prefer to do the top mount one and just suck out the warm air as a compromise. then i can have my fans pulling air instead of pushing in through the side.

if i could find a way to do the front, i wouldnt have the problem. i could do the rad, feser shrouds, and the fans.

unfortunately, i believe the spacing of the fan holes on the koolance shroud is closer than the ones on the side of my case. and it would be really hard to fit it on top of my case, having to cut around the holes that are there already, and having to drill my own holes in between the fan holes and the screw holes that are already there.

unfortunately i would prefer not to go through mountain mods for anything, as i am very disappointed with my case as well as their service this week. ive had an order pending for a week (for something quick and easy) and i have gotten no responses to my emails. fail.

...but im too broke to get a decent new case. eff. anyone WTB this one? haha

Last edited:
Back