Frozen Synapse is 50% off this weekend

Serpico

[H]F Junkie
Frozen Synapse is 50% off until 8/15: http://store.steampowered.com/app/98200/

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/frozen-synapse

It comes with two copies, one for you and one that you can gift to a friend. It combines turn based tactical combat with Defcon style visuals and an amazing soundtrack. For those of you worried about it being too hardcore, the interface and mechanics are accessible without sacrificing depth of gameplay. It also has a killer multiplayer mode.

It is one of the absolute best games I have played this year. The only negative thing I can say about it is that "one more turn" quickly becomes "holy crap I was supposed to be in bed two hours ago". I cannot recommend it enough.

Last edited:
If someone buys, I have kotor, defense grid, or audio surf I can trade via steam trade for the extra copy.

after your round, you can click similar games to see how games like yours were played out and get some insight into strats etc. it's a good idea to play the campaign, too, since it's like a tutorial while still having an engaging storyline.

Wow I suck at this game. :p

You'll get used to the options available to you (ie - ignore enemies, etc). Also note that in the setup phase, you can tell the enemies what to do. This helps eliminate some guesswork by trying out different scenarios, allowing you to make a lower risk move.

Bah... I am torn on what to get. My small quest to find out what DRM is on the gamersgate version has raised an issue in me. Since their DRM listed is "See bundled products" and since there is no other option but getting a bundle there is no info on their site about the DRM used. I found that the GG is basically DRM-Free, so I wanted to go buy that version. But if you are buying the soundtrack the GG version is only MP3 versions, while the Steam version has a 1GB download of FLAC,WAV and MP3 *sigh*.

My audiophile mentality is conflicting with my DRM free mentality lol.

Back