Frosted windows

’m‚³‚ñ

Supreme [H]ardness
I know it's been done, that doesn't bother me. I would like to put a frosted pelxi window on my case, but I do not know where to get frosted plexi. Would a glass place have any, or a hardware store? Or can one frost their own Plexi? Also, I've never done a window before. How thick should I go?

I'm planning on lighting it from behind using LEDs or something similar. I would love to post a pic of my case as it is, but I don't have a camera that can do anything decent picture wise. :( Lets just say, it's an all steel case that cost me $22 including shipping from Newegg and it's a full ATX case. The front bezel is white and blue, I love this case because it is so nice to work in. I'll probably post an image of the front of the case later asking for color suggestions. :)

Before I do anything I need to get myself a dremel. :p Going to buy one later tonight.

Hmm, thanks for the link. :) I think I'll look around local first, I don't want to have to deal with shipping. :p

depending on how big the piece you're frosting is, why not just take a chunk of fine sandpaper and a sanding block to regular piece or plexi?
(The sanding block will make sure you get an even surfave, with no valleys)

Originally posted by SilentNoise
depending on how big the piece you're frosting is, why not just take a chunk of fine sandpaper and a sanding block to regular piece or plexi?
(The sanding block will make sure you get an even surfave, with no valleys)

I was thinking about that. I'd perfer a more professional look, though. :) I might give it a try... Seeing how I need to make myself a new side for my Lian Li case (I think it's a Lian Li), I might try making a case side out of Plexi.

Back