multiplexed
Weaksauce
- Joined
- Mar 8, 2003
- Messages
- 88
I'm throwing a new motherboard into an old case and wiring up the front usb ports to the new motherboard. This is my first time wiring up front usb ports.
Question 1 is does the +5v wire hook into "vcc" header? The other header available that the wire could hook into is "usboc" (and I don't have a wire to hook into this).
Question 2 is for future reference, does it matter if the case supports usb 1.1 or 2.0, or is that not an issue?
Question 3 is I have two usb port headers on the motherboard, port 2 and port 3. The wires from the case are labeled 1) x and 2) x, where x is the wire label like ground. I take it the 1) and 2) are to label port 1 and port 2 on the case. There are two ports on the front of the case, so should I hook up port 2) on the motherboard to the 1) wires and port 3 on the motherboard to the 2) wires, or should I throw all the wires on port 1), because there are enough pins on one motherboard to accomodate all the case wires
Question 1 is does the +5v wire hook into "vcc" header? The other header available that the wire could hook into is "usboc" (and I don't have a wire to hook into this).
Question 2 is for future reference, does it matter if the case supports usb 1.1 or 2.0, or is that not an issue?
Question 3 is I have two usb port headers on the motherboard, port 2 and port 3. The wires from the case are labeled 1) x and 2) x, where x is the wire label like ground. I take it the 1) and 2) are to label port 1 and port 2 on the case. There are two ports on the front of the case, so should I hook up port 2) on the motherboard to the 1) wires and port 3 on the motherboard to the 2) wires, or should I throw all the wires on port 1), because there are enough pins on one motherboard to accomodate all the case wires