Front speaker port busted?

GaleForce

Gawd
Joined
Aug 7, 2004
Messages
761
I'm getting sound through my rear speakers, center speaker, and subwoofer. I'm not getting any sound from my left/right speakers. I'm using an MSI K8N Neo2 Plat and I think the front speaker port is busted, but I just got the motherboard (this is my second one too) so I don't want to assume that yet. You guys have any idea as to how I can get this to work or find out for sure if its busted? Thanks.
 
Same problem Test your front speakers that go into the green jack on the other jacks to test if your front speakers are working.. if they are you have run into the same problem that I now have.. the front speaker port no longer works... other ports do can plug my front speakers in yellow or black and they function perfect... LAME..

probably gonna steal my moms sound blaster card though... cant live without front speaker sound.
 
You should be able to cut the return wires from the front panel jack if its really broken. Doing this though will make it to where your speakers wont mute when headphones are connected.

Check your mobo manual or case manual im sure somewhere in there it shows the wiring diagram for the audio jack.
 
Back
Top