- Joined
- Dec 18, 2006
- Messages
- 566
I have the ASUS TUF Gaming GT502 case. The front panel has 2 USB ports and a USB-C port, but its really hard to see them in a dim room. Most times after fiddling around to "stick it in" for 10 seconds, I use the flashlight on my phone to see where the heck the opening is. Case sits on the floor under the desk.
The RGB ighting coming through the front window or RGB logo bottom right does nothing to light these ports. The ports themselves have nothing to help. Nothing in the indented section lights up.
I don't like some of the ideas (below) I thought of, so seeing if there are any other MacGyver suggestions that are not too ugly.
Ideas:
Use 1 of the USB ports for a light
Use a rear USB port for a light that sticks over the top front of the case
Add a light strip that I can dim on the front panel
Add some sticky/raised dots right of each port, left of the embossed lettering, so i can feel around for it like braile (this might be the way I go if nothing better)
Would have been awesome if the ports glowed from the inside.
The RGB ighting coming through the front window or RGB logo bottom right does nothing to light these ports. The ports themselves have nothing to help. Nothing in the indented section lights up.
I don't like some of the ideas (below) I thought of, so seeing if there are any other MacGyver suggestions that are not too ugly.
Ideas:
Use 1 of the USB ports for a light
Use a rear USB port for a light that sticks over the top front of the case
Add a light strip that I can dim on the front panel
Add some sticky/raised dots right of each port, left of the embossed lettering, so i can feel around for it like braile (this might be the way I go if nothing better)
Would have been awesome if the ports glowed from the inside.