• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Front panel header?

Sireal

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
98
I'm looking to get a X-fi card but noticed that only the lower end (xtremegamer/xtremeaudio) have the front panel header. Is the xtremegamer close enough in features to the music version or is there something missing that would make it better to go with the music and lose the front panel header option? If so is there any way to adapt the music to the front panel connectors?
 
Well I'll answer my own question...XtremeMusic has no way to plug headphones and speakers in at the same time from what I can see. The only option is either the internal or external I/O devices which would allow both connections amongst others at the same time but both options are rather expensive. I suppose a Y connector would work but you would always have sound coming from the headphones and I'm not sure about how that would affect the load on that line out.
 
Unless they did some rebranding, the XtremeMusic does NOT have the front inputs. The platinum does.

As for workarounds, you can use a y-splitter and deal with muting/volume issues or you could try out a simple switch like the MK-2.
 
Ahh thats an interesting little switch...for $21 bucks it might be worth a try.
 
Back
Top