• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Front Panel Audio Noise

_Tank

n00b
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
22
I have a GA-P55M-UD2, Apevia x-qboii, and 500w Apevia PSU. I have absolutely horrible noise coming from the front panel. It is non-stop and quite loud. I have torn the case apart, and tried several systems for routing the FP Audio cable to no avail. I tried wrapping the wire in foil, and using the interference reduction donut thingy. I am starting to believe this noise might be caused by the PSU being crappy, or the motherboard.

The rear-panel audio, however, is completely free of line noise.

I am unsure of what terms I should use to properly search for this. I keep finding results that are completely inconclusive.

How can I stop the aliens from feeding static ridden morse code into my brain?

4369257009_f3d76c3041.jpg
 
I ran into a similar issue with my motherboard and case. ...I'm not sure if it's related, but it's something that drove me crazy for a while and not very well documented.

Pretty much, I found out that the new motherboard I got wasn't fully compatible with the older case I have. I guess they implented new jack-sensing technology and it'd cause massive problems whenever I had the front panel plugged in. ..even though my case has connections for both HD Audio and AC '97.

My solution was basically to just leave the front panel unplugged. If you have an older case, this could be the same issue.
 
I've often had issues with front panels. My PC's front panel has noise which seems to be releated to the video card (gets louder as the video card gets used more) even though the cables aren't routed near the video card. This is running a 965P-DS3. My friend's computer has bad noise out of all jacks, including the rear, but its far worse from the front.

My solutions was to simply buy an extension cable and run my rear jack to the front externally. Not the most elegant solution, but it works.
 
Back
Top