• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Front mount PSU for a 3u case?

agrikk

Gawd
Joined
Apr 16, 2002
Messages
933
I'm looking for a front mounted PSU for a 3U case. It needs to have the power cable and rails extending from the same side of the unit and needs to meet the ATX power spec for an Athlon XP2000+

Here's a pic:

front-psu.jpg



Anyone know where I can find such a beast?
 
not very common, generally come bundled with cases,
most front end PSUs are modular hotswap units
and those are like a custom option, just dont show up alot in manufacturers model lines but are generally available
its basically just a different enclosure


Id inquire with Zippy
http://www.zippy.com.tw/P_PRODUCT_LIST.asp?pcp_rfnbr=3&pcp_name=PS2/PS2+ single&lv_rfnbr=2

for instance while they arent listed above
here is a PS\2-ATX front (under the 2U & Front mount PSU)
http://www.gtweb.net/j3120.html
specifically the 460 Watt PFC ATX Power Supply, Front, Zippy for $143
but there is no pic or specs so what its actually conforming to....

personally Id simply mod a supply, but thats not a likely option considering its likely work related, bosses tend to frown on that sort of thing :p

the tricky part is locating the front end model designate, there are likely several available but without those designates tough to locate

so bump it up to the manufacturers and track down the retailers

(as a note, while Ive seen them with cases, I was always curious as to the airflow direction, since most rackmounts are front to back)

Good Luck ;)
 
Ice Czar said:
(as a note, while Ive seen them with cases, I was always curious as to the airflow direction, since most rackmounts are front to back)

They have a single fan that pulls from the front, then exhausts the hou PSU-air into the case, where another 80mm fan blows it out the back.

I'd never actually buy a case like this, but it is work related and I basically inherited it. Frankly, I'm ready to scrap the PS case and buy a 4u case and a normal power supply. Bleh.
 
Back
Top