- Joined
- Jan 8, 2008
- Messages
- 9,719
I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this issue with this game or any others with Windows 8 RP.
Currently I'm running Windows 8 Release Preview on my gaming system. Every game that I play on it works (including System Shock 2!). Front Mission Evolved, on the other hand, doesn't at all. It did work in Windows 7 as a frame of reference.
It starts into a white screen & does nothing until it crashes. I checked it with ProcMon & the Application Compatibility Toolkit. It appears that it's requesting DirectDraw & DirectInput functions that aren't being fulfilled with Win8RP (of which I'll post screenshots for later).
Does anyone happen to know of any fixes?
Currently I'm running Windows 8 Release Preview on my gaming system. Every game that I play on it works (including System Shock 2!). Front Mission Evolved, on the other hand, doesn't at all. It did work in Windows 7 as a frame of reference.
It starts into a white screen & does nothing until it crashes. I checked it with ProcMon & the Application Compatibility Toolkit. It appears that it's requesting DirectDraw & DirectInput functions that aren't being fulfilled with Win8RP (of which I'll post screenshots for later).
Does anyone happen to know of any fixes?