Front Fan Question

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a HAF 922 case with the following fans:

1) Exhaust on top
2) Exhaust on back/top for the PC cooler
3) Intake in front bottom of the HDD bay
4) Either Intake or Exhaust fan on bottom of the floor of case

So my question is regarding the 1070 GPU, I don't have the card yet but from my understanding it has two fans that point down, so I'm guessing they are exhaust fans? If so, should I make the bottom case fan that's on the floor be an exhaust fan? What about the front bottom fan, it's blowing air over the HDD, is that not going to mess up the flow of air with regards to the GPU?

I am attaching a photo of my case and the fan layout (not a photo of my computer, I just found it).

500x1000px-LL-7a1e05a3_017a04e4_airflow-2.jpeg

index.php

Last edited:
the fans on the gpu blow into the heatsink they are not exhaust. if anything put an intake fan in the bottom to give your gpu fresh air and leave everything else the same. then it will work like the pic, cool fresh in at front bottom hot exhausted out the top/back. 2 in, 3 out is a good balance.

bottom fan always as intake.. the GPU as every other of the many aftermarket cooled card have 2 fans but it doesn't suck air, those fans push the air to the GPU heatsink and then that same air is expelled by the sides of the cards and a little by the rear (slot) but with a lot less pressure, so ideally you will want the bottom fan as intake to provide fresh air to the card and help the hot air to be pushed and rise to the top and rear/top of the case as should be naturally with the hot air...

What cooler do you have on CPU?
Bottom intake will help cool GPU, but not help with cool air supply to CPU cooler.
Your GPU is heating the case airflow to CPU.
Top fans exhausting air pulls GPU heated air up & out the top so whatever CPU cooler you have is trying to cool CPU with the heated air from GPU.

Back