• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

front audio panel help

Vitamin T

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 19, 2005
Messages
198
So I have one of these guys - Soyo BayOne Extreme - and I'm needing my ins-n-outs on the front panel to work, withOUT disabling my rear jacks. Not happening with the audio on my board (see sig). In fact, from what I've read, the connector is designed for P4 boards only(?!) Anyway, short of some fancy wiring/pain-in-the-ass modding, is there any way I can remedy this? I'm hoping a sound card would do the trick. If so, then what kind? Audigy 2, SE, Value, Gamer, etc, etc? Does anyone have a quick and easy answer for me? :D
 
Vitamin T said:
In fact, from what I've read, the connector is designed for P4 boards only

I've got an Athlon 64 ATI Xpress200 board and my front panel jacks work independantly from the rears. I used to use two sets of headphones (small ear bud type for highs, and large earmuff type for mid's and bass) Sound awesome to me :D

I don't know about any fixes though, sorry. I like to dice and splice too much to worry about find more permanent solutions.

Ryan
 
Back
Top