Front audio jacks

ern

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 7, 2006
Messages
160
I have the Antec 300 case for my setup and it has the front mic and headphone jack. I like this as I dont have to get down behind my computer everytime I want to plug these in. However, when I use the front audio jacks the mic gets amp or something and it makes me very loud. Everyone on Ventrillo says its extremely loud and enough to make their ears bleed. It doesnt do it when I use the ports on the back of the motherboard behind the case. I have a Gigabyte motherboard but I'll have to get a model number here after work.

Anyone know why it does that?
 
Have you installed the drivers/software for your integrated audio? Maybe you can control the volume of the front microphone jack from there.

Also couldn't you just go into volume control and turn down the mic recording volume? Or perhaps turn off the +20 dB gain?
 
Have you installed the drivers/software for your integrated audio? Maybe you can control the volume of the front microphone jack from there.

Also couldn't you just go into volume control and turn down the mic recording volume? Or perhaps turn off the +20 dB gain?


I do have the software installed and updated. Its all Realtek Audio. I cant turn it down because it wont go any lower. Also, there is another mic volume but its greyed out. I have never used onboard sound before and there are tons of options and half are greyed out. I could try to turn off the +20dB gain. I havent tried that yet. I just dont understand because all my settings are perfect when I use the rear inputs. When I use the fronts, it uses my perfect settings but seems to amp the mic to super loud.
 
Back
Top