Frikkin' Headphones

TridenT_Boy3555

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
359
What are some good comfortable, affordable, and great sounding headphones? I have Siberia Icematt 10666 right now and for extended periods of use really hurt the fucking ears. Honestly, I feel like my ears are getting rapped like the kid with spiders in his ears. SERIOUSLY, THEY HURT SO BAD.

I'm looking at times of use that could extend so far as six hours without taking them off. Seriously need to be nice. I have somewhat big ears too.
 
sennheiser hd555's most comfortable headphones i've tried.. lots of ear room as well
 
Audio-Technica ATH-A500, A700 or A900; so comfortable... like they're not even there...
 
DT770/80s, i can wear mine for 12 hours straight (and often do) with absolutely no discomfort (other than headphone hair, but thats cosmetic)
 
another vote for the 555s. i ahve the 595s (same exact build, just better quality)
and trust me...i have elephant ears. people call me dumbo.
 
Hmmm... I find my a900s to be hot, sweaty and have pressure points on top where the pads hit my scalp.

Sennheiser wins for comfort. Especially if you get one of the models with cloth ear cups.
 
The a900's get a little warm but I don't feel any pressure from the pads on top. I'm wearing them right now and I don't even have sound going through them, I just wear them to drown out fan noise sometimes :)
 
I would wear my a900's everywhere if I could make myself able to hear what's around me at the same time; switching between music and life instantaneously would be nice.
 
HD 280 pros would work well, they're quite big, but if you wear glasses they aren't nearly as comfortable.
 
Beyerdynamic DT880 and Sennheiser HD650 -- not often recommended on these boards because they're up there in the $300 range, but well worth it.
 
I would wear my a900's everywhere if I could make myself able to hear what's around me at the same time; switching between music and life instantaneously would be nice.
another a900 vote. they get hot because they're closed and not open like most beyers and grados and senns.
 
another a900 vote. they get hot because they're closed and not open like most beyers and grados and senns.

Senns are mostly open actually, the upper end that is. (555/595/600), but I would second the DT770/80, love my pair. First used a pair of 555, but decided to upgrade and in love with them. I occasionally go back to the 555, but I quickly grab my 770s. The only thing I am missing is a good amp for them, but in due time.
 
The Beyer's are more round, the Senns are vertically oblong. The Audio technicas are also round like the Beyer Dynamics. This part becomes part of personal preference.

I like the sound of the Beyer's better, but the Fit of the Sennheisers so I normally use my HD650's. Though if its gaming time the DT770 comes out for its better gaming directional detection and waaay more bass.

Headphones I have found comfortable (I don't wear glasses, and I know that has a lot to do with fit):

Sennheiser
HD580
HD595
HD600
HD650
(I didn't find the 555 that comfortable)

Beyer Dynamics
DT770
DT880
DT990

Audio Technica
A500
A700
A900 LTD (never tried the original A900 but I bet it is the same)
 
Back
Top