Friend got a bug, accidently deleted a .dll file!!!

mossman

Gawd
Yeah so basically...my friend reallyed f'ed his computer. He got a bug, accidently deleted a .dll file so Windows wouldn't start anymore. Then he re-installed windows by partitioning the hard drive but he didnt really know what he was doing. Then when windows finally installed the computer ran about 50 times slower. Then he talked to a dell tech guy and he gave him directions on how to partition the drive correctly so my friend followed his directions and his computer still runs slow. He installled all the basic drivers so far. He needs help with the rest.

I know a little bit about computers but I don't know about this situation. What should he do?

He's got an ati 9800 and said he did the graphics drivers. Are there some important ones that he might be missing?

If it is a dell just look up the model # on their support site and download all neccessary drivers.

Your not giving ANY kind of details on what exactly the problem is. At this point, I would re-format, and install the OS fresh, and then install all the necessary drivers. It's as simple as that.

Back