horse
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Mar 22, 2006
- Messages
- 1,246
I had a samsung sp1604n harddrive that I used for storage, I was messing around inside my case, It was unplugged, and when I went to plug it back in my finger came into contact with the pcb and fried it. I bought another of the exact same drives a week ago and replaced the the burnt out pcb with the new, As I heard a few cases in which that may work, but its no go for me.
The drive will now get power and I can hear It spinning, but while windows starts to load it will lose power and stop spinning. Then of course the drive will not show up in "my computer", the device manager or in the disk management section of computer management tools.
It will stay powered up and spinning "all day long" when I'm in my BIOS, but the second windows starts to load it just quits. I've tried booting from my xp cd to see if I could get access to the partion, but it will lose power and quit spinning also.
Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do to get this thing workin' again? or atleast get the data off it some way?
The drive will now get power and I can hear It spinning, but while windows starts to load it will lose power and stop spinning. Then of course the drive will not show up in "my computer", the device manager or in the disk management section of computer management tools.
It will stay powered up and spinning "all day long" when I'm in my BIOS, but the second windows starts to load it just quits. I've tried booting from my xp cd to see if I could get access to the partion, but it will lose power and quit spinning also.
Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do to get this thing workin' again? or atleast get the data off it some way?