• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Fried Mobo?

bubba9

n00b
Joined
Jul 18, 2002
Messages
57
I think I toasted my IC7-Max3. It worked fine for a week then I added a new CDRW. I didn't seat the CDRW power well - the connector was in on an angle - only a couple 'prongs' made contact. Anyhow, I think i heard a pop and now i get nothing. no green light on the mobo - nothing. I unplugged the unit, cleared the cmos, etc. Any other ideas or did I fry it?
 
yeah I would go with trying another PSU also...MB could still be good...I think you have a 80% chance it still is..
 
So - new PS??? a ground failure could blow up a PS before a mobo? I have an Antec True Power 430.
 
I don't think not seating the power on a CDRW would blow your mobo. Like everyone b4 me said, try a different PSU. If your mobo is only a week old, and that doesn't work time for an RMA.
 
Do you know if the Antec True 430 has some kind of 'trip' or fuse that could have gpne off? if so, how does one reset it? Thanks
 
I replaced the PSU last night and everything is fine now. Thanks to all for the help. You saved me hours of work.
 
Back
Top