• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Friday stupidhead networking.

Ruoh

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
5,857
I'm sure it's obvious, but my brain is wrapped around some other issues right now.

I have a remote site where they are trying to add another computer in an office with a single lan port. They threw in a TL-SF1005D switch, and now both machines will log into the domain, but prompt for domain credentials again whenever any network resource is requested. Remove the switch, reboot and all is normal.

The network layout is desktop -> 10/100SW -> 1G Switch -> 10/100SW -> Cisco VOIP router -> 10/100SW -> GW -> Server.

Yes, I know... I'm working on getting most of that extra crap consolidated, but I have other fires burning.
 
Check the network adapter and make sure it's still the same type of network, ie "work, home, domain, or public". It might be switching the type and causing the issue.
 
Good idea. I'll have them check that. Being on the other side of the country doesn't help sometimes. :/
 
How's that switch configured? It makes me wonder if DNS is an issue here. On the desktops, do they have DNS servers statically assigned? If they don't, set them that way, plug in your switch, and see what happens. Typically when I get a prompt to access network resources, it's because the computer fell off the domain :\
 
This is normally NAT. As the switch doesn't support it something downstream of this port (and only that 1 port) is introducing NAT.

Here's a test: put switch back in but only connect 1 PC, if its NAT you won't see the issue. Now add the second PC to the switch, if it happens once it accesses the file shares its NAT.

Windows file shares and AD do not play nice with NAT
 
Back
Top