Fresh Install XP w/ RAID drivers and no A: - possible?

Impact9

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm sitting here removing a old floppy drive that croaked in my newly assembled computer and I'm wondering why we still have these things. The only time I have ever needed this thing is when reloading my computer and I need the driver disk for RAID/SATA/SCSI. Is there anyway around using the floppy drive? We have zip disk and usb keys that would do this job perfectly fine.

I think that you could only use the usb drive if you bios supported make that device look like a floppy, however there is a posibility of remaking the windows cd with adding user OEM drivers. There are articles on the MS site, I have limited time so I'm not going to search for them but with a littel luck you'll find them. you might want to check technet as well.

My solution was to stop using my drives in RAID0. When your not using the RAID mode, XP can install to the drives natively. Besides, it's not like you'd be giving up and performance.

t. shuffle has it right! Takes some tinkering and the burning of one CD. But it can be done. Personally I'm just tired of loosing information at random intervals. So I stopped using RAID0 arrays. Now if I could afford to setup a decent RAID5 array that would be cool! :)

Back