Frequent disconnection WRT54G & HP zd8000

alext5

Limp Gawd
My laptop is an HP zd8000 connected to a v2.0 WRT54G and since a few weeks I got frequent disconnections. At first sight the problem is the router but the thing is, my desktop computer always stay connected. So my laptop doesn't work while the desktop has no connection problem. Do someone have an idea about the problem I've got...Sorry for my bad english, if you need any further information don't hesitate to ask me. Thanks a lot in advance

I haven't checked the specs, but I'm betting the zd8000 uses the Intel 2200bg wireless, right?
driver problems, the early 8.0.xx drivers fixed it for me.

If not, post some details on your laptop, give some info for us to work with.

Running the latest firmware on the wrt45g? There have been quite a few updates since the version that was released on the v2 routers. I'm pretty sure one of the fixes was related to frequent disconnects while transferring lots of data, which may be what you are seeing.

The WiFi card is a BroadCom, the tech were I work (Staples) also told me about the firmware but I looked on their website and haven't found anything working, I tried some files but they didn't worked. Could you point me on the right file to use? There is simply too much file and I'm not familiar with firmware updates.

Back