freezone mod in a nzxt zero case

ghita

n00b
Just finished my new build. Got a freezone to chill my 6400 oced on stock voltage to 2700. I used a 92mm to 120mm fan adapter and a silenx 120mm fan that according to its specs pushes 90 cfm at 18 dba:eek: Although i got some good temps (27 idle and 40 orthos load) i want to cool my core even further. Want to overclock my cpu to 3.6 but i need to keep the freezones heatsink cool. If i'll mount an extra 92mm fan on the freezone to push the air through the back of it will this keep the heatsink cooler? If not is there any way to make the thing run cooler? Thanx:D

ps: how do i attach pictures?

Been there done that it really doesn't help much. What does seem to make a big difference is changing out the heat sink (DDen) . Have it cooling a Biostar 550 N. bridge and a Brisbane 4000 at 3100+ MHz prime stable, with what seems to be better than water cooling temps. Checked out the inside of the original. block - pretty poor design.

To change the heatsink or the cpu block? I was thinking of detaching the pelts from the stock sink and to attach them to a better one and perhaps even change the cpu block, but i would have to drain the liquid and then refill the whole thing, never done anything like this before, should be interesting:D By the way how should in refill it if i'll do something like this, should i add an extra reservoir to the loop or simply refill the thing through one of the tubes (ghetto)

I didn't use a reservoir. I just carefully refilled the hoses as best I could,Had a little air in the loop but it comes with some air in the loop from the factory. I wouldn't mess with the pelts/sinks.( you might want to try is to insulate the blue pelt covers where they get cold maybe)

what was the difference in temperature between the stock cpu block and the one you used?

Its hard to say - with the stock block seveal months ago I had it on a quad core. It seemed past 3300 mhz it wasn't much better than good air. Dusted it off last week and added the 2 blocks on the Biostar. Just checked- at 3000mhz it Idels at 25C and a 8m super pi averages about 34 to 37C. This is the smaller Eliminator model. Should have done a before and after - oh well.

edit -1.525v on cpu and maxed NB volts

well i have just spent the last 10 min. trying to figure out how to post a pic.and it does not seem to be getting through to me. yes i seem to be some challenged - on this subject:eek:

well i have just spent the last 10 min. trying to figure out how to post a pic.and it does not seem to be getting through to me. yes i seem to be some challenged - on this subject:eek:

You need to upload it to photobucket first, and then link it.

What was measuring the temperatures?

In theory do you guys think that a better cpu block would make a big difference and if yes how big would it be?

Is it normal to hear the pump go crazy once in a while?! I was doing some benching today and the pump started making a really load noise after the benchmarks, it lasted about a minute or so then i went back to normal. It was though it was working harder then normal, but how can this be possible since it is connected to a standard 12v motherboard pin?

Back