Freezer 64 Pro Question

If you've got AS5, why not? The included paste is really good from what I hear though...
 
I took it off and put on AS5 the stock compound seemed pretty thick to me. Nice heatsink my opty 148 runs cool and is overclocked quite a bit at 2.8
 
The included stuff is just fine for an a64 3500 @ 34c running foobar2000, browsing, and watching DVDs.
 
I got a Freezer 64 Pro from Newegg this week and installed it about an hour ago on my 64 X2 3800+. I decided to go with the included thermal pad since it's already there. Installation was easy and so far it is running 2C cooler than my previous HSF (a CNPS7000/Al-Cu) and noticeably quieter.
 
I got this along with an opty 165. When i was running at 2.44 and after running 2 instances of prime95, the temps went up to 36C from 31C. My conclusion, i would leave the stuff on, as u can see from my temps, they are extremely cool :cool:
 
Back
Top