Freeware system disk clone?

RayDaddy

[H]ard|Gawd
I am adding a third drive to my raid 0 and want to clone my drive and then reformat the raid with threee drives instead of the two i have currently. is there any freeware that i can get to clone the drive?

in addition how would that work. clone the drive then add the disk, wipe and reformat the raid for the 3 rd disk, then install windows and the clone program and load the clone form a storage drive? curious

I am adding a third drive to my raid 0 and want to clone my drive and then reformat the raid with threee drives instead of the two i have currently. is there any freeware that i can get to clone the drive?

in addition how would that work. clone the drive then add the disk, wipe and reformat the raid for the 3 rd disk, then install windows and the clone program and load the clone form a storage drive? curious

A 30-day trial of commercial software?

So can I clone drive to another storage drive. Add 3rd disk re-stripe and format array then load windows, then load the backup program and run pointing it to the backup/clone copy I made?

Yep, its called image not clone when you create a file. Cloning is when you go drive to drive. Either way you can do it. And you can do the same thing with Windows Backup too if you choose to image but it doesn't clone.

I read one that is freeware on Maximumpc. i'll check back with you later when I get home.

Back