Freeware Inventory Software

SidewinderX

2[H]4U
We're ressurecting an old pII at my Civil Air Patrol Squadron to use as an inventory machine for the supply room, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any freeware inventory programs that we could use, as opposed to annying exel spreadsheets.

Has to work on win2k, although if it works on WinNT, that'd be nice...

Thanks!

Depends on which software you are worried about licensing. If you are only concerned with licensing for Microsoft products they have their own free inventory software found here. I've never took much time to look at it but it seems pretty nice for something that is free.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/sam/msia.mspx

thats to determine the license compliance of various computers :p
running Microsoft Products

not keep track of beans

whereas Openoffice is the Sun Open source equivalent of Microsoft Office
and can work with (and output as) excel, word ect documents, spreadsheets, ect

D'oh, I'm a sys admin Czar and as soon as I saw inventory I think software and hardware.

Now that I'm coming down off of my caffeine high, I read his post correctly and realize my suggestion won't help him much :D

I'll see if I can dig up something off the net for a product inventory. In the mean time, seeing as you have Excel, do you have Access installed too? There should be an inventory template that you can try out.

I personally use open office... we don't actually have Excel, I just said that because I was looking for a non-spreadsheet method...

Open Office is great, but we're looking for something other than a spreadsheet, if possible. (And no, we don't have MS Access)

Back