Freeware FTP Software

Format _C:

2[H]4U
I need a freeware FTP Software for general personal use for my web site and to Download Linux images. I tried CuteFTP and like it but I really don;t have the money for it now thanks for suggustions Freeware only no shareware

Filezila should work nicely for you as a free solution. If you decide to buy something full featured later, I'd go with FlashFXP.

shade91 said:
Filezilla does do SFTP.

Good to know. I rarely use sFTP as my webhost doesn't use it, and back at school, I'm too stuck in my ways of using command line based sFTP tools.

I use SmartFTP to manage my website on my college webspace. Works fine for me. A little annoying with the occasional popup saying you have to buy it if you're using for business. And I haven't found a way to make it know I'm using it for personal, so it isn't to be gotten rid of.

Other than that, I like it. I don't need anything fancy. Just click-and-drag my files from local host to webspace folders.

GJSNeptune said:
I use SmartFTP to manage my website on my college webspace. Works fine for me. A little annoying with the occasional popup saying you have to buy it if you're using for business. And I haven't found a way to make it know I'm using it for personal, so it isn't to be gotten rid of.

Other than that, I like it. I don't need anything fancy. Just click-and-drag my files from local host to webspace folders.

http://www.smartftp.com/download/

The EXE from there is what I installed and I don't get a message asking me to buy it.

It just says the SmartFTP build is about to expire and it has a link to buy it. So I click Okay and another window pops up saying it's free for personal use and I can ignore the reminder.

I'll also recommend filezilla. I will also heartily advice you to stary the hell away from WS_FTP, which is the FTP software that my uni has adopted. It's absolute crap, especially in comparison to some of the great programs that are available.

Back