• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

FreeSync monitors are retailing for $250.

Inb4 the nvidia fans shout "You get what you pay for!"

Oh, but you do. Those monitors don't have strobing. Most G-SINK monitors do. A VG248QE without any syncing is better than these things; at least it can display motion properly.
 
Finally! Gonna have to check these out! :)
 
Oh, but you do. Those monitors don't have strobing. Most G-SINK monitors do. A VG248QE without any syncing is better than these things; at least it can display motion properly.

This coming from the CRT truther. I'm pretty sure the motion clarity on a synced display is MUCH better than a tearing, stuttering unsynced display. Despite the strobing maybe adding an extra 'CRT-like' flicker, I much prefer the PWM-Free solid backlight. I know some people disagree, but ignoring the huge benefits of synced displays is like ignoring the huge benefits of flat screens, reduced energy and high resolutions....
 
How do I get around the newegg links not working on this forum? Its a real pita.
 
they work fine.

install hoverhound and see if that helps.

its a neat tool anyway.
 
Two questions:

Did they improve the framerate range?
Did they get rid of the ghosting?

Last I saw were the initial reviews (a year ago?) and FreeSync got panned across the board.
 
Two questions:

Did they improve the framerate range?
Did they get rid of the ghosting?

Last I saw were the initial reviews (a year ago?) and FreeSync got panned across the board.

I don't own one, but from what I have been reading...

The frame rate range possibility of the video cards is 9Hz - 240Hz. It is up to the monitor manufacturer to implement as nice a scalar as they want. So if they want broad FreeSync range then they will build a more expensive scalar. The Nixxeus monitor has a FreeSync range of 30Hz - 144Hz and sells for less than $300.

You can now hack the software to test and see if your scalar is capable of a little more than the manufacturer officially rated it for. Frame doubling after leaving FreeSync range is still in active development.

Ghosting was more of a product of newness with the technology. I believe that some of the monitors that had ghosting problems in the first batch of FreeSync monitors; had their firmware patched. First run of a new tech is usually for the adventurous.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This coming from the CRT truther. I'm pretty sure the motion clarity on a synced display is MUCH better than a tearing, stuttering unsynced display. Despite the strobing maybe adding an extra 'CRT-like' flicker, I much prefer the PWM-Free solid backlight. I know some people disagree, but ignoring the huge benefits of synced displays is like ignoring the huge benefits of flat screens, reduced energy and high resolutions....

Stuttering is barely visible. Post-hold blur destroys picture quality. Flicker is a good thing; it is the only way to eliminate motion blur. And there are no benefits of reduced energy and not many for flat screens (look at all the people buying curved LCDs).
 
Back
Top