• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

FreeNAS Recovering Extents

StarMonkey

n00b
Joined
Mar 10, 2011
Messages
30
Hi, hoping someone can help me recover my FreeNAS box.

I've tried to upgrade an earlier version of FreeNAS 8 to the latest 8.0.2 release and during the upgrade somethings been screwed up.

I've re-installed FreeNAS on a new USB key and imported my Volume but is there any way to recreate my iSCSI extents and keep the data on the volume?

The FreeNAS box had 2 extents, a 4tb and 2tb extent presented to a Windows 2008 virtual server via iSCSI.

Any ideas? Even a way to recover the config file from the old usb stick? I thought I had a backup of my config but it seems I don't :(
 
Well I've figured out what happened, I only had a 1GB USB stick when I tried to upgrade so the upgrade has failed and part installed over the previous FreeNAS. I can't seem to use the roll back option either on boot so that must have been corrupted.

Anyone have any ideas? Would prefer not to lose my data.
 
I have a backup of everything really important, but it did have my only copies of my ripped movies. I can re rip everything but it's an 8TB system and I'd rather not if the data is intact and can be recovered.

The volume has been imported no problems but I need to recover/recreate the extent config.
 
Back
Top