Freenas + ESXi problems

ripken204

[H]ard|Gawd
Motherboard: X9SCL-F-O
HBA: LSI 9211-8i (IT Mode)

ESXi 5.0 is installed on this server
I am trying to make an all-in-one box, using freenas as my "SAN"
The 9211-8i is passed through to the VM, when I try boot up the freenas 8.02 install disk I receive the following error:

Code:
run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 60 seconds for xpt_config mps_st
this stops/freezes after it reaches 300 seconds

If I don't pass through the 9211-8i, freenas installs.
After it is insalled, if I pass through the 9211-8i, freenas won't boot, it throws the same error

The only thing I could find on google was to disabled fireware in the BIOS... but this motherboard doesn't have firewire.
The only other "solution" I found was to edit the source files and recompile the kernel, which seems a bit crazy

Has anyone encountered this problem?

If I can't get this to work, then I will probably move to OpenIndiana + napp-it, but I would really like to get freenas working

dead? 8.0.2 is very recent

I haven't used freenas for a couple of years, but that latest version seems very nice

Oh, right. They forked off a new version, I'd forgotten. Last I had heard some months ago, the feedback was not ready for primetime. Maybe they've made progress...

I said I would go with OpenIndiana if I couldn't get freenas to work.
I already have an OI + napp-it AIO build working, I just wanted to use freenas with this new build.

I've just never seen freenas playing well with ESX, tbh - except as a physical box.

Same As Lop on this one, i didnt use FreeNas because mine didnt work well i used many other things that worked better, NexentaStor is my current for NFS based implementation and it works just fine with my 1068-E card passed through with 8x2TB Drives in a Raid-Z2

Using IT-Firmware .30

Back