Free X-10 "FireCracker" starter set ($5.90 s&H)

Originally posted by wayne
LMAO!!!!.... agreed, it is [H]ard!!!!

by the way, what software did you use for the 5 webcam system thing?
I used some software I found on the internet. Ill look for what its called.......
It could write to a file or send a signal out on a parallel or serial port.
It worked 70% of the time.
It was a good idea, but I poorly implemented it. ( I didnt have any money to do it, but a had a whole bunch of x10 stuff sitting around, so I figured what the hell)

Originally posted by UCFShadowWrecker
Little Caesars! $5 large 1 topping. At least that is how it is in the sunshine state.

All the Little C's in my area shut down :( Do they still have those huge square Pizza?

Hey, I've been using the firecracker unit for years now, and thought I would share this free utility I ran across. It's a little commandline program that allows you to send a command to the firecracker serial module. With this util and windows scheduled tasks, you can set lights to turn on or turn off at certain times, etc.

http://mizook.com/temp/x10.zip

As a matter of interest, there's also a Girder plugin that supports the Firecracker. Man, I like having everything I own controlled from one remote.

got mine today thought it wasnt gonna work un til it turned on both lamps in my room. only thing i dont like is the clickng noise when it turns on one of the lamps. does anyone know if that will hurt the appliance or if the serila module could possibly do any.not a noob jus want to be careful

one of your lamps is hooked up to the applience module. these use a relay switch so that is what you are hearing

omgomgomgg they're back!

I got one of these 5 years ago AND STILL USE IT. These things are AWESOME! I always wanted more modules, so wewt I ordered it.

Originally posted by SacLANd
now all they need is a deal on standalone modules.

1. I've read that RCA and radioshack modules work with it, and they are cheaper.

2. This comes with 1 standalone module right? And the standalone module is more than $5 right? So perhaps it would be costworthy to order another set to a different address? ... :D

04-03-09.jpg

Image37.jpg

Image38.jpg

Image39.jpg

Image40.jpg

now what do i do with it? lol

ok i installed the software...but when i try to configure it windows freezes :eek:(

by configure i mean set to auto port or when ive tried manually setting the port

:mad:

I placed the order on Friday and it still hasn't come today so I sent a 'where's my package?' inquiry. Apparently it's on backorder right now.

See smilie top of post.

well its begun. I've placed my order on friday I think. I've gotten 3 advertisement emails from them already. Good thing I used my spam email

These things are pretty useful...thanks. Anyone know if they'll let you buy several more sets using different CC's to ship to the same address?

it appears it is far past dead ... 100 is rediculous for this! most i could see anyone paying for this is 10 or 20 bucks

Well, that was a quick backorder waiting time. I just got the shipment today.

I finally got mine today(spring break last week so I wasn't up here to get it). I have my lava lamp hooked up to the lamp module on A2 and I have set up a web interface to control it. Go here to try it out. Hopefully that works. I know the university blocks ports, but I think they only block the lower ports. I'm going to try to get my webcam going so that you all can see that it actually does turn on and off. My roommate is playing with it right now. :D BTW, that is using the cgi-X10 web interface.

Hmm, not such a good deal anymore at $100.00. LOL, looks like someone at X-10 caught on. Posting the link on 5 busy boards, I wonder how many "FireCracker" sets they gave away. Until next time X-10...

Now that we've got it, how does this remote work?

I've got it hooked up to an ordinary lamp. The ON-OFF buttons work fine.

If I use the dimmer buttons at the bottom, I run into problems.

1. It doesn't always work the same. Sometimes a quick press will partially dim the light. Sometimes it will continue dimming the light until it completely goes out.

2. When it does dim the light until it goes out, there is about a 30 second delay before it will do anything else. After that 30-45 seconds, I can use the ON button, or the "brighten" button and they will work as normal.

Thats odd, my works like a charm. Try new batteries, if that doesnt fix it then you probably have a goofy remote. Also try moving the transever to another outlet. They have them pretty cheap on ebay i just bought abunch of stuff.

I got mine a few days ago.. not bad for just shipping.. I've not tried the computer stuff. Those relays sure are noisy though :D

Wow, glad to see you guys at least got yours. I've ordered on this deal twice, card charged, never got the product. Burn me once, ok, burn me twice well you know there is not going to be a 3rd time. After calling on it both times, I learned they don't "help" much after they got your money:rolleyes:

Back