free web hosting

Magic H8 Ball

Limp Gawd
Originally posted by zachary80
my site went down again today, the fourth day in a row :mad:

I'd say I get about 16hrs uptime, most of that being between 12 at night and 9 in the morning.

Anyone else having problems?

My site's been up since Christmas day... no downtime yet.

has anyone successfully set up a message board? I keep having troubles with the database, and if someone who has done this could help me out I'd be thankfull.

I'm trying to set up vbulletin, but when the configuration is complete and I try to access the board, I get this:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Originally posted by fender
I'm trying to set up vbulletin, but when the configuration is complete and I try to access the board, I get this:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
sounds like the [H] :D

i say it with love;)

how did you set up the database, beacause apparently I'm doing it wrong.

just make sure that you have one created, and insert the server, username and password where it says to in the config file

Just incase anyone wanted to know, you can check the bandwidth used by going to this address:

your_domain_name/logs/traffic.html

Use your FTP userid and password for authentication.

Originally posted by enyceexdanny
Just incase anyone wanted to know, you can check the bandwidth used by going to this address:

your_domain_name/logs/traffic.html

Use your FTP userid and password for authentication.

......look at the page before this one.......

how did you set up the database, beacause apparently I'm doing it wrong.

Make sure you setup a mySQL database not an access database.

SQL is under webspace, or webhost.... web something... I don't remember right now.

I also have phpBB running right now..... I'm in the process of installing various mods to it.

yeah, I have a MySQL database set up..but now, when I try to connect during the vbulletin install, I start getting invalid password and things like that. I'm using the user name/password that's displayed on the mysql page...

also, should the ip / servername be the one 1and1 one supplies on the mysql page, or just 'localhost', like it says in every vbulletin tutorial I've read.

i just set up my account since i got kicked off my old server for having "warez" (2 cd keys that people uploaded and a few screen shots that people took and uploaded whial kazaa was running, go figure)

hope it works as good as my old hosting, so far i have accesed the control panel and i must say i hate it, but once i have it all set i will never have to look at it again, so thats good. i wish it had regular old cpanel, but what can you expect for a free host :)

my site should be up in 24-36 hours i guess

yeah, I have a MySQL database set up..but now, when I try to connect during the vbulletin install, I start getting invalid password and things like that. I'm using the user name/password that's displayed on the mysql page...

also, should the ip / servername be the one 1and1 one supplies on the mysql page, or just 'localhost', like it says in every vbulletin tutorial I've read.

ip / servername be the one 1and1 one supplies

sorry for bringing this up again, but after multiple tries I still cannot get it working.

here's what I do:

webspace
MySQL administartion
set up a database
wait for it to be activated

upload everything that's needed to s9whaterver.onlinehome.us/forum

go to s9whatever.onlinehome.us/forum/admin/install.php
follow the instructions
no errors appear
set forum address as s9whaterver.onlinehome.us/forum
delete the install1.php

get the database error message

what am I doing wrong???
get the database error message

Is it necesarry to have something other than the s2999999.online.us to set up a messageboard? Or am I missing something?

Mactechbri

i already cancelled my subscription, the control panel was just to wierd, and everything about the account gave me a headache. i was more than welling to pay for good hosting for my site after this experience.

Originally posted by compslckr
i already cancelled my subscription, the control panel was just to wierd, and everything about the account gave me a headache. i was more than welling to pay for good hosting for my site after this experience.

I would just change one thing tehn come back it in a couple of hours. After a couple of days, I was done with the control panel, and I havn't used it since.

I think i heard that they would be switching from linux to a windows based server, so that might also mean a cleaner control panel.

Originally posted by Rakinos
I think i heard that they would be switching from linux to a windows based server, so that might also mean a cleaner control panel.
%$#%^$#%#%3
how is that a good thing?

Originally posted by mactechbri
Is it necesarry to have something other than the s2999999.online.us to set up a messageboard? Or am I missing something?

Mactechbri

nope.. You can use that if you desire. and use a free redirecting service to point to that address..

but for only $5.95, why would you not settle for a domain name?

Originally posted by ziddey
%$#%^$#%#%3
how is that a good thing?

I looked at their site, looks like they will be offering linux and windows solutions, not sure if they will switch the free acounts over to windows or not.

uhmm, it says that the payments are waived for 36 months, does that mean that at the end of the 36 months that you have to pay for all of those months?

Originally posted by Seraphim974
uhmm, it says that the payments are waived for 36 months, does that mean that at the end of the 36 months that you have to pay for all of those months?

Originally posted by Seraphim974

no.. check their FAQ to get more info

Back