Free video editor?

rezerekted

2[H]4U
Looking for a free and good video editor. Was using video editor by NCH but they try to get you to install their other products and started nagging me to buy it, you also have to connect to their server to use it each time. Don't want that if possible.

Lightworks is excellent and absolutely worth the weekly activation requirement. The feature set is insane and it's been used to edit multiple commercial films. As long as you don't need to master anything higher than 720p, it's the best thing you can get for the price. Most of the pro level tools that are available for free have online verification or registration requirements. The best you can get with no online activation in my opinion is Kdenlive which runs on Linux and BSD.

If you are willing to spend some money, Sony Movie Studio is fantastic. But that HitFilm listed above looks promising as well, but looks like you do have to spend money once you get past beginner level.

Checked it out- it's pretty awesome, nice find.

It has a screen recorder and video capture module, too.

And it has no nagware that I noticed either. Last one I tried was from NCsoft or something like that and after a few months of use it started nagging me to buy it because I had been using it for quite a while.

VLC? I've used VLC for years as a video player and never noticed any video editor in it.
Neither is blender which is a 3D modeling software. Of course you can make and edit video with it but not exactly what was meant.

It seems that the list was generated by someone who didn't understand what he was listing. Most likely picked up from the cesspool of social media.

Nobody mentioned shotcut? I've used it off and on for a while and find it quite powerful. It's free, open source, has x86 and x64 versions, as well as Mac and Linux. Even comes in a portable flavor. It's being actively developed with a new version coming out usually monthly. Highly recommended!

Was about to recommend Resolve, beat me to the punch. IMO probably the best feature set across all the free ones, apart from Lightworks. Resolve is more capable at color than Lightworks though, and it's very Premiere Pro-like, which I enjoy. Will probably be migrating my entire workflow to Resolve when I leave university and don't have free Adobe software to leverage heh

And it has no nagware that I noticed either. Last one I tried was from NCsoft or something like that and after a few months of use it started nagging me to buy it because I had been using it for quite a while.

Damn, updated a week ago to the latest version of this software and it now has nag screen. Oh well, still have the older version so may go back to that.

Do any editors support 60fps conversion with interpolation?

My Dad has many 24 and 30fps 1080p cams that play fine directly from the camera, panning is smooth.
But when put on a disc, cheaper Blu Ray players make it look awful.
It plays fine on my Oppo 105 so its down to the hardware used.

We found that 60fps videos play fine on the cheaper players so am looking to convert his to 60fps.
He wants to make disks for the family that play well.

Back