Free Unerase Program?

nthexwn

Weaksauce
Hi,

Everything in my life is falling apart it seems. This morning I went to reformat an old drive to troubleshoot something. Unfortunately when I booted from the Windows CD I accidently deleted a partition on my USB drive instead of the drive I was going to install to.

This afternoon I discovered that somebody has been subscribing to WoW using my credit card so I had to call the bank and have my card terminated and an investigation started.

Now I can't even pay for an unerase program because I have no credit card and I need to find a free app to get the data back from my portable drive...

I'd start just randomly downloading stuff, but with luck like this I'd end up with a trojan app that my anti-virus didn't see, so I'm asking for advice instead.

All I did was delete the partition, so my data should theoretically still all be there. Nothing fancy like formating, booting, or diskchecking was done to the drive after I screwed up.

Any suggestions?

If you removed the partition you're probably going to need something other than your standard undelete program. Do google search for free undelete and you'll find a number of programs, but I don't know if they'll work on deleted partitions.

Hmmm, GetDataBack found every single file. Unfortunately I can't buy the full version, so I'm left staring at my files through a window... :/

None of these freeware programs can even see the drive, but I don't want to risk re-partitioning it or formating it yet.

Have you tried this.

That worked pretty good. Thanks.

However, a lot of the items it found were listed as .ARJ files. I don't believe there were any .ARJ files on the drive to begin with so that's kinda weird. I tried opening them in WinRAR and it said the files were damaged. Aside from that the only other problem is that none of my .AVI, .MPEG, or .MP4 files were recovered. I had like 100gigs of videos from http://www.own-age.com stored on that drive! :(

Oh well, life goes on...

Back