free templates

takethesewords

Limp Gawd
let me preface this post by saying i am a network engineer, not a web designer.

i've been tasked with creating an "intranet" site to be used by my group at work as a place to house documentation, processes & procedures, lessons learned, troubleshooting tips, etc etc.

maybe as I learn I can add functionality with scripts and all that cool stuff, but to start i just want something that is easy to read & navigate, and looks decent.

the only tool i have access to is Dreamweaver MX 2004. ive used it in the past and know enough to be dangerous, but that's about it.

i come here asking for any links you may know that can provide me with some free templates that I can use to create this site. i've done some googling and most of what I found is rather....hideous. any help at all is appreciated !

Depending on policies at your work, you could download and install the VMware Player and download the Virtual Appliance, rPath mediawiki appliance, or deki wiki appliance.

We are currently trying out rPath where I work. It requires a bit more configuration than Deki Wiki, but Deki wiki is only free for the first 5 contributors.

My recommendation is to not worry about programming anything. If you are dealing with a Windows environment Sharepoint is a very nice tool that can easily do what you want and has the benefit of Office integration.

My recommendation is to not worry about programming anything. If you are dealing with a Windows environment Sharepoint is a very nice tool that can easily do what you want and has the benefit of Office integration.

another vote for SharePoint. it's designed for exactly what you are describing.

another vote for SharePoint. it's designed for exactly what you are describing.

+1 for SharePoint. I found it better to use rather than building a site as you described for my department.

Back