FREE ShopRunner with Amex - Newegg

ClockerXP

Gawd
Hi-
Last night I ordered a video card from Newegg. Since I have an eligible AMEX Blue card, I decided to sign up for the FREE Shoprunner account to get free 2-day shipping.

What are your experiences with ShopRunner?

Thanks,
CxP

I am using it right now. Have since before the holidays. Not that great in that you do not always get what you ordered in 2 days. It might take Newegg 3 days just to process the order and if you throw a holiday in the mix, your two day shipping turns into 6 days at best. Hey, but it is free so what the heck. I have used it at least 6 times in the last month and I always get my stuff, just not as soon as I should. You should realize that this is just a FREE TRIAL OFFER. Whereas Newegg want you to provide a CC number for their free shipping that enrolls you into their whatever it is called program that you have to quit at 30 days of be charged, this one does not automatically hit you for a monthly charge AFAIK. I am still within my 30 day initial trial so I will see what happens.

Shop Runner will hound you to death with emails about what you bought, how you line it, what are your comments, do you want to add a review, etc etc etc....

Used to be that when you go to cancel your 30 day trial, they offer a 90 day trial, and then if you go to cancel that they offer a whole year. :) Don't know if that deal is still going on.

I have had shoprunner for like 3 years now and never paid for it. I did the 30 day trial a long time ago and they ended up giving me a free year. When that expired they gave me another free year, and then another. I think they are finally not going to give me a subscription because they are asking for me to put a CC on file for the new subscription.

*Edit* Just checked, my account expired at the end of the year and I placed an order on the 4th and it worked, just now tried to ship something shoprunner two day and newegg let me.

I just signed up for shoprunner through my amex so I could take advantage of some free shipping a couple days ago. I just checked the expiration and it says N/A. So I'm not sure if it no longer expires through amex, or they are just really slow in putting an expiration date.

Apparently the Amex gives you lifetime shoprunner as long as you keep the amex as your primary card for shoprunner. I'll see if I can dig up the link stating this.

Apparently the Amex gives you lifetime shoprunner as long as you keep the amex as your primary card for shoprunner. I'll see if I can dig up the link stating this.

You're correct. I just clicked on the benefits and membership button right below the expiration and it said just that.

Bah.....it would not take my card lol I tried to sign up before the holidays

I've used shoprunner for some time and it's great. I get free shipping from GNC, newegg, and I believe tigerdirect uses them now as well.

Generally I only buy from GNC or TD when something is on sale, but I do use newegg quite a bit. It's been pretty great for me, since newegg usually ships from west coast (and i'm east)

I am using it right now. Have since before the holidays. Not that great in that you do not always get what you ordered in 2 days. It might take Newegg 3 days just to process the order and if you throw a holiday in the mix, your two day shipping turns into 6 days at best. Hey, but it is free so what the heck. I have used it at least 6 times in the last month and I always get my stuff, just not as soon as I should. You should realize that this is just a FREE TRIAL OFFER. Whereas Newegg want you to provide a CC number for their free shipping that enrolls you into their whatever it is called program that you have to quit at 30 days of be charged, this one does not automatically hit you for a monthly charge AFAIK. I am still within my 30 day initial trial so I will see what happens.

Shop Runner will hound you to death with emails about what you bought, how you line it, what are your comments, do you want to add a review, etc etc etc....

I've always gotten 2 day from newegg when I input 2 day shipping via shoprunner. You must keep in mind that newegg has a fairly early cut off time for same day shipping, as do all etailers, and that the holiday season strongly affected same day shipping for them. If you use shoprunner on newegg and it doesn't ship same day, it isn't shoprunner's fault I don't believe.

Not defending them or anything, but I use newegg all the time and every time I've placed an order before noon PST it has shipped the same day. And I order a ton of stuff from them all the time. But, you need to order early in the day (usually before 11am or noon PST) if you want same day shipping. Keep that in mind.

I got a free year of SR last year, and I found it to be pretty good. I always got my stuff from Newegg in 2 days. Apparently, I also got this year free too now that I just checked my account (sweet!). In all honesty, Amazon Prime is a better choice if you're choosing between the two. However, SR apparently likes giving everyone free service for whatever reason, so it's quite easy to get both and have 2day shipping on a ton of etailers.

I signed up with a free 14 day period of shoprunner and placed an order for a 780ti. I canceled shoprunner a week into it. They then offered me 90 days for free with the option to upgrade to one year free if I placed 3 more shoprunner orders within 90 days. So yeah, I got a free year for nothing. This was a few weeks ago.

I just confirmed this.... you only need to keep your AMEX card as the default payment method on Newegg. You can use a different payment method at the time of purchase...just keep AMEX as the default and your Shoprunner benefit will still be free. Just ordered an open box Asus R9270X for $180 yesterday with free 2-day shipping. Note however, it is weekday delivery..so not going to get to my place until Monday.

I've had nothing but good experiences with it. I got in on the intro free trial a couple years ago and am now grandfathered in with lifetime membership.

I just signed up for shoprunner through my amex so I could take advantage of some free shipping a couple days ago. I just checked the expiration and it says N/A. So I'm not sure if it no longer expires through amex, or they are just really slow in putting an expiration date.

Yeah, I didn't recall seeing an expiration date either when I signed up last month. It's nice having two-day shipping from some place other than Amazon :).

Back