Free Sample Twinlab Protein

Should I or Shouldn't I? :confused:

Isn't there a way to build muscle without using stuff like this? I would like to go natural, as much as possible. Doesn't anyone know of tricks I can do to help achieve this, and going only natural.

Such as tricks to lose the beer belly and gain upper body! 8 ]

The latter part of that is terrible advice. What I have been doing is a diet high in protein and whole wheat. Whole wheat helps lose weight with fiber and has a decent amount of protein as well. You want:

-Lentils
-Quinoa
-Red Meat
-Whole grain bread, pasta, etc
-Fruits/Veggies

If you want to lose weight stay away from white carbs. Also alcohol is high in calories. Stay away from it. Eat a lot of fruits and veggies and just say away from processed food in general. Mainly drink water too. I drink about 1-1.5 gallons a day.

This is just a template. It leads to a rather boring diet/life so do not be afraid to eat what you want or have some beers.

Actually it's not terrible advice, but I was semi-joking. Some say beer helps you absorb water faster.

Yeah I figured you were but was not sure. Stupid internet...I am not sure on that beer thing. Never heard of it. Also beer dehydrates you because alcohol is a diuretic so unless you have a source on that, there is no way I believe that.

I did google it but I did not see it. Also it is your argument, YOU provide the argument for it, not me. Sick of people making arguments then putting it on the other person to prove it.

The only reason beer is better in that case is because it contains electrolytes (salt) and sugar for energy. I am talking about hydrating yourself in general and promoting muscle recovery. They even say it in the article:

"Dr James Betts, an expert in post-exercise rehydration at Bath University, said: "People think of alcohol as being a diuretic, but if you are already hydrated, a small amount of beer could be a way of getting the fluid in."

If you are "already hydrated".

You would be better off with a banana and water or just a sports the drink. The first is better. Watch professional sports and see what they drink. Usually a sports drink or water + fruit. Electrolytes and water are needed during a workout. This test was a bad one I think. It showed that people already hydrated did well with beer. Well duh, they have their water intake, all they need is electrolytes with the beer provides. I understand where you are coming from but this article proves water is more valuable to have during a workout. Water + beer during a workout though might be a good combo.

"The best way of rehydrating after exercise was with a sports drink containing sugars, water and salt, he added."

Basically this confirms what I said before. Interesting article though. Glad to know that about beer. Never knew that.

It wasn't an argument until you refuted it ;). It was advice, or a statement.

And liquid calories are *great* if you're hitting 3500-4000Kcal a day for bulking, and can't eat all that much do to GI conditions or something similar. :).

And I don't think there's anything "unnatural" with Whey protein... It's not like a hormone or stimulant, but literally a refined protein product.

Last edited:
It was an argument when we started discussing it. Also me refuting it does not change anything. Advice is just a viewpoint of an argument if you want to be all technical about it, which you seem to want to be. It was still out of the norm advice and I was just looking for where he found it. When he started acting as if it was an easily found source, that was a little strange.

Whey protein is natural just better off eating high protein foods I would say. Anything that is a supplement that you can just get through food is a better option. But whey is definitely one of the best supplements. There are many more worse supplements for building muscle.

GJS:
Also there was no rage there, chill out. I honestly do not see where you even got rage from there... I was just stating what a lot of people seem to do. I was just responding to what you said. Keep your personal slander elsewhere. It was just an argument, stop taking it personally and get your bullshit hate out of here.

Last edited:
to add on to ssg10587's argument.. if yall +++++s wanna hate you can GO EAT SACK OF BABY DICKS +++++!!

GJS:
Also there was no rage there, chill out. I honestly do not see where you even got rage from there... I was just stating what a lot of people seem to do. I was just responding to what you said. Keep your personal slander elsewhere. It was just an argument, stop taking it personally and get your bullshit hate out of here.
There was no argument. You're the only one getting worked up about it.

Thanks for this...I've been wanting to try more brands. Right now, I'm pretty much hooked on muscle milk light 'cause it is so tasty, but it's pretty expensive. I usually mix 2/3 EAS (which you can get at Costco for cheap) and 1/3 muscle milk light for a better value.

Back