Free paper with retun of an old ink cart (Office Depot)

CygnusX1

n00b
First post, didn't see this posted yet.

Office Depot's giving away a full ream of EnviroCopy paper with return of a used ink cartridge for recycling. I believe it ends (ack!) tomorrow.

One per person per day, though. Bring friends and hand them each an ink cart.

Scored two yesterday; going back for one more.

I work there. As far as I know, it never ends. Good deal for some free paper though.

wont take epson or canon cartidges though.

Sweet. Is it with purchase only?

When I went I was with a friend who needed to buy a couple things, so I took one to cover any "with purchase" stipulations. I never asked if I had to buy something or not.

Edit: I don't think they'll take my old dot-matrix ink ribbons, either. :(

This has been going on for ages. However, it's a really good idea: It's much more attractive to save the environment if I'm getting something in return. :D

Also, for anyone not sure, 1 ream of paper = 500 SHEETS. That's a shit-load of paper!

I'm curious as to why they refuse Epson or Canon cartidges, though...

I do this pretty often. I have three cartridges I need to exchange. You don't have to buy anything to trade in a cartridge for the paper, I never do.

They don't take the epson ink tanks, and the others that are similar. Plus anything thats been recycled already, or refilled. I used to do this a lot, and I have the 3 CASES of paper to prove it. :) With all the extra toner and paper I have, I doubt I will ever need to stock back up. As long as my laser printer keeps on working..

Oh, and I think they also take empty laser toner too.

Originally posted by lorcani

I'm curious as to why they refuse Epson or Canon cartidges, though...
because Epson and Canon don't reuse their cartridges, the filthy earth-haters;)

Originally posted by jagec
because Epson and Canon don't reuse their cartridges, the filthy earth-haters;)

Those bastards! We should make a bonfire of Epson cartridges in the Epson corporate complex.

That'll teach 'em. :p

Back