Free Network Cable

yep got the 1 ft patch cable - this is perfect for 1 U mounts as well as linking a dsl/cable modem to a router (especially if they are stackable)
Ironically they charge $5.45 for the 1ft "GigaBase" 350-mhz cat5e patch cable they are sending out free... That, $2.26 shipping plus the cost of the catalog - its gotta be costing them like $10 per freebie sent.
I wonder if they'll do a discount for all the [H] forum members...

PawNtheSandman said:
Got mine yesterday. I thought patch cable had to be at least 3 ft to work?

To be "at spec" it should be, plus you also shouldn't "bend" a cable tighter than 4x it's outer diameter, which I'm sure you've never done either. I've used cables as short at 2" between devices and it's always worked fine.

my freind made a cable in computer class in high school that was only 2 inches... from end to end. there wasnt even any pvc wrapping on it anymore, and nothing was twisted anymore either... needless to say, i got to wire my house for free...

/me hugs comp teacher

EDIT: nooo... i left the catalog in my car.. so... far... away...

Falls Included said:
my freind made a cable in computer class in high school that was only 2 inches... from end to end. there wasnt even any pvc wrapping on it anymore, and nothing was twisted anymore either... needless to say, i got to wire my house for free...

/me hugs comp teacher

EDIT: nooo... i left the catalog in my car.. so... far... away...

Pfft, network cable doesn't need any sheathing to be at spec even. Cross connects between 110 blocks generally don't, they're just loose twisted pairs punched between blocks.

got mine today,thanks

flasher1.gif

just hit submit....now I'll wait.... I need to replace the 7ft cable I have running from router to modem anyway so this works out great. Plus it matches my red case that my rouder is neear. :)

why is the picture missing for the registration check? can someone tell me the characters, and see if that works?

EDIT: all you hafta do is go to their main site and then click the link for the offer, then it works fine.

ordered a few weeks ago, waited a few days and ordered more, and waited and ordered and waited but never got any...

I received mine in the mail today, along with the catalog at my company PO Box address. The one I had sent to the Company street address got here much quicker, but they mailed the catalog and cable via printed matter mail - the slowest, cheapest way to mail things. Nice cable to use for hooking up modems to routers as ppl have stated earlier. Nice free deal that actually comes! Oh, and a Black Box rep actually called my office to let me know the sample was shipping and left her contact info in case I ever needed anything, lol.

Strange. I recieved another free cable today lol. My first one was blue which I got last month, and today, I got an orange one. I only signed up once. I guess they mistakenly sent me another free one when sending out others.

I got a red one, very good quality too! I will definately be ordering more sometime soon, maybe even a router or two.

i got a pink cable!!! it's only 1ft long. :( now i have to put my modem on my desk instead of underneath it where it's out of the way. oh well, the cable is very nice.

site didn't work for me either, so I called them. They were very helpful and took my information over the phone, they said they would send it to me by next week.
I <3 free cables :p

i don't get why so many people are suprised that it's only 1 ft long. Not only is it a sample, but on the second page, theres a post with pictures specifying the length :p

anyways, i got mine, nice red color, was kinda hoping for black or gray, they skipped out on my cataloge though, wonder what happened with that. now all i need is a use for it.

For those who never manage to figure out why you don't see the imag, go to their main page, and then click the image that says "blah blah free cat5e patch sample blah blah" and it should work

Lep said:
For those who never manage to figure out why you don't see the imag, go to their main page, and then click the image that says "blah blah free cat5e patch sample blah blah" and it should work

Thanks! Worked like a charm.

I got mine recently, was hot pink... gave it to a female friend of mine.... funny thing was it matched the shirt she was wearing when I gave it to her. :D

Back