• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

"Free" Motorola Razer ( Cingular )

must get a phone plan, plus it's a $170 mail in rebate, so you're still paying $170 out of pocket
 
holy FUCK why didn't i see this earlier. oh well razrs are too trendy now. i'd rather get one of those new ericsons although i hate ericsons cell fone software
 
sativa said:
holy FUCK why didn't i see this earlier. oh well razrs are too trendy now. i'd rather get one of those new ericsons although i hate ericsons cell fone software
The V3 is beyond trendy buddy.

I do happen to like the Motorola V551 though, bitchin' phone.
 
Actually, this deal is also on Amazon.com, and it's free after a $150 rebate. The only bad thing is that amazon and cingular haven't gotten their act together - so you can't transfer an existing number yet to a cingular account. (Actually, you can transfer a number, but you'll lose out on the rebate - gotta decide if your number is worth $150). This deal is good through July 13th.

For those who are interested - this deal also applies to the BLACK Razr V3..which I picked up. Should be arriving in 2 weeks!! Black Razr

A lot of other phones are getting the $150 rebate at amazon. might be worth to check out the list here (pdf). Example: the V551 is -$75.50 after a $150 rebate (yah, they pay you to take their phone).
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I love the referals in the URL:
?pageid=591&
referringdomain=yahoowirefly
&refcode1=YJul7HPnoFBT
 
sativa said:
if you are a current cingular customer due for an upgrade w/ a renewal of contract, will this still work?

i think i'd rather have this fone than the razr.. too bad its more expensive. http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/Sony_Ericsson_S710a/4535-6454_16-30980666.html?tag=top

That S/E looks nice, but why the hell aren't they making Quad-band phones? That's another reason why I buy Motorola. If you travel internationally at all, and even across different areas of the US, you won't have service due to the 2nd set of GSM bands that are used.
 
I recently switched to Cingular, every rep I talked to at every store I went to said that the Razr is a pretty shitty phone with terrible reception. I personally like the V551 and have enjoyed basically the best signal out of any phone I've ever used.
 
Malatov said:
That S/E looks nice, but why the hell aren't they making Quad-band phones? That's another reason why I buy Motorola. If you travel internationally at all, and even across different areas of the US, you won't have service due to the 2nd set of GSM bands that are used.


get your facts straight before posting please

ALL phones marketed by cingular are at least dual band meaing they will work ANYWHERE on the north american GSM network (barring roaming restrictions based on carrier agreements) . you need at least a tri band phone to work outside of North America, a quad band phone will work even better, but a tri band will get you by in most locations.

US: 850mhz 1900mhz
Other: 900mhz and 1800mhz
UMTS:2100mhz (not often used, several carriers are adjusting the UMTS standard for use on the 1800 / 1900 mhz freqs)

\has worked for sprint, cingular and at&t
 
I got in on this deal yesterday. Phone and free bluetooth headset should be here next week. :cool:
 
Loki008 said:
get your facts straight before posting please

How about back off a bit? It's fine and well to try to correct someone, but lose the attitude and maybe more people will listen and welcome your advice.

My Cingular rep is the one who told me that if you plan to travel, buy quad band. She showed me a map of GSM band coverage in the US that is incompatible with Cingular dual-band GSM phones (the T-Mobile areas). Now that was awhile ago so maybe they don't carry any dual-band GSM phones anymore. Maybe Tri-band GSM is enough for most, but according to this article you have to choose a Tri-Band carefully, because all 4 bands (850/900/1800/1900) are still in service. Why if the quad-band technology has been available for years and is proven would they drop one out if it is still being used anywhere? The difference in price is not an issue -- the quad-bands are cheaper than many of the dual/tri band phones.
 
Update: it looks like the deal has been extended to Sunday. Does anybody have one of these phones and if so what do ya think of it?
 
One of my friends has it, and his only complaint is that it's not loud enough. Neither the ring or the speaker volume are very loud.

Edit:

I should add, that I just switched over to Cingular and their billing and customer service are the worst I've ever had.

My wife had a New York number, I had a philadelphia number, they SAID that we could keep our numbers coming from T mobile. Well we do the switch, and guess what? We CAN'T have numbers from different area codes.

So for 2 weeks we had PA numbers, till we could go to a store IN NY to get NY numbers.

That's right folks, since their billing is not uniform across the country, each state is it's own kingdom. So in getting NY numbers, they CANCELLED my philadelphia contract costing me $400 in cancellation fees!

After many 4 letter words and phone calls, they decided that it was probably a mistake to consider my FAMILY plan 2 SEPARATE 1000 minute plans, and to fine me cancellation fees.

Today, I get a new bill that's for 2 NEW SEPARATE plans and twice the cost I was told on the phone.

More 4 letter words later and several 'I can't believe you are so incompetent! What's your name and your manager's name?' they decide they probably made another mistake and it's 'not typical of Cingular service.'

Thus far, in two months, they haven't sent me a correct bill yet, though have tried to extort almost $700 bucks from me.
 
Amazon and also buy.com are offering a lot of phones for "free".

The catch is that you can't hold over your old phone number if you're an existing customer and are looking to start a new 2 year contract.

As mentioned before, you have to pay out of pocket for the phone.
I alos believe as part of the rebate you have to send in a photocopy of your first month's service bill as proof in addition to other stuff.

Basically there are a lot of hoops to jump through, but everything seems like it should work. Who knows.

As for teh Razr itself, it's not a bad phone (especially if it's "free") but I do agree that it's over-rated and, to me, aesthetically unpleasing. Not a horrible phone, I'd take it if it were free though.
 
Apallohadas said:
One of my friends has it, and his only complaint is that it's not loud enough. Neither the ring or the speaker volume are very loud.

Edit:

I should add, that I just switched over to Cingular and their billing and customer service are the worst I've ever had.

I've had CIngular for YEARS and I'm gonna hop on this deal if I can. I think their customer service is AWESOME. I've called when my wife went way over her minutes and they took $100 off the bill. Plus, I've never had any problems with their service.
 
I've been a Cingular customer since before they existed. :) I was with BellSouth Mobility before they merged with SBC to form Cingular. I have 3 phones with them and couldn't be happier.

I've always been extremely pleased with their service. That's not to say there haven't been a couple of billing glitches or calling plan feature oversights, but they were few and easily corrected with a phone call or e-mail. I don't think I've had any service provider for ANYTHING that hasn't messed up a bill once or twice.
 
I'd love to snag one for "free", but they lock you in pretty tight on getting the rebate.

Waiting 6 months for the rebate is kinda stiff, and having only a 30 day window to get it sent out in isnt too bad, but still, if you forget, you're out the cash for good.

Might just go to my local Cingular store and see what they can offer me, since my contract just expired the other day, and I'm free to jump ship if I like. :D

REBATE REQUIREMENTS

1. Purchase a Black or Silver Motorola RAZR V3 with new Cingular calling plan from this web site by July 10th
2. Maintain your new Cingular Wireless account in good standing for 180 days.
3. Complete the official rebate form included in the box with your phone. Mail it along with the following:
Copy of your sales receipt
Copy of the UPC symbol from the phone package
Copy of your Cingular Wireless bill for this account dated at least 150 days after activation showing your name, phone number, and previous balance paid in full.

Shared plans are eligible for multiple rebates. A separate rebate must be submitted (in a separate envelope) for each phone and plan activated.

To qualify for this rebate, you must be approved for credit by Cingular Wireless and be an active customer in good standing at the time of rebate fulfillment (paid all balances in full and not had service interruptions for non-payment). Equipment serial numbers will be verified as being active prior to rebate payment. You will not be eligible for this rebate if you de-activate your wireless service, switch to another rate plan, change your number, or return your phone. Requests for porting of your existing phone number must be made at time of order. Porting your number after activating your phone may invalidate your rebate and result in forfeiture of your equipment discount.

Your rebate submission must be postmarked no earlier than 180 days and no later than 210 days after your account is activated. See rebate form for complete details. Void where prohibited
 
I wanna order over the phone, not online. this is bs and too risky on what I will exactly get.
 
SpangeMonkee said:
I wanna order over the phone, not online. this is bs and too risky on what I will exactly get.
Hey, according to your testimony, they're golden! Don't you have faith in them??

If they do a 180 in their billing glitches, perhaps I'll hold a different opinion of them.
 
Apallohadas said:
Hey, according to your testimony, they're golden! Don't you have faith in them??

If they do a 180 in their billing glitches, perhaps I'll hold a different opinion of them.

I have faith in Cingular, just not the middle man that is the handing out the free phones.
 
Just a little FYI. I work for SBC, and can get a cingular discout, but I jumped on a similar del a year ago for 2 v400's for 100 dollars total. (Had 2 100 dollar rebates) and like promised the rebates cam after a few months. (I was sceptical, but they did deliver on time). Also out of the box we had a bad phone, and they sent one out Overnighted. (though they billed me again for it untill they recieved the bad one back. Once they did, they did credit it back to me.

As Fishy as the offer looks from inphonic/cellphonediscounts they delieverd as promised, and on time. AND I got a better deal than an employee discount with only a 1 year contract.

Summary:

Cingulars plan was $200 per phone WITH a 2 year contract, and no rebates. so $400 w/2 yr contract.

Got the same 2 phones for $100 Total from inphonic (after MIR), even had numbers transferred from 2 nextel phones AND was only locked in to a 1 Year contract. Called after a month to get my employee discount at cingular. No probs. So far I wont hesitate to go back to inphonic if I desire.

Have also heard the razer's volume isnt that loud, which is whats keeping me from jumping on it.
 
I wouldn't order from inphonic (and their other incarnations, i.e. wirefly); people have reported that inphonic is very stingy in fullfilling rebate requests.....
 
So I have an existing Cingular account (was AT&T Wirless, but whateva) and need to start a new 2-year contract, as my old AT&T plan is regional and kinda sucks anyway for what I pay for.

I'd jump on the free Razr or similar offers at Amazon and also buy.com, but of course I need to retain my old number.

Anyone know of a simple solution, such as a call forwarding service or something that would allow calls to my old number to be forwarded to my new number for a couple months or even some simliar sweet discounts on those trying to simply renew their old contracts while keeping their old number?

Any kind of compromise would be great, but Cingular's object is, of course, to get new customers, so there's probably not much out there for me.
 
Blue Knight said:
Actually, this deal is also on Amazon.com, and it's free after a $150 rebate. The only bad thing is that amazon and cingular haven't gotten their act together - so you can't transfer an existing number yet to a cingular account. (Actually, you can transfer a number, but you'll lose out on the rebate - gotta decide if your number is worth $150).


Is the number 420-1337 worth it? :D
 
Just got both phones yesterday. Everything is great, didnt have a single problem through the whole process. :)
 
Back
Top