free MMOG ?

leSLIe

Fisting is Too Mainstream for Me
I´m want to know if there are some massive multiplayer online games that are free, that is no monthly subscription, no "buying" involved. I´ve played WoW and Eve-online in friend´s PC, my friend is a MMOG junkie, but he PAYS for this stuff and i not really interested in spending my dough in that, al least not just yet

Anarchy Online is free... its a decent game.
You just don't get any of the expansions like the other players who pay to play.

Last chaos: seems to be a Lineage 2 clone. UI is very similar. Grind fest due to lack of content.

SpaceCowboy: You fly a spacecraft but most of the fighting is done in the air. Shoot down enemies with guns/missiles/lasers etc. Pvp is pretty fun but I only been in 2 battles.

Rakion: 3rd person rpg. You gain experience from pvp and do missions against AI for experience. Fun but plagued by lag and bad hit registration.

All free last time I played.

Another that you could try is Silk Road Online(SRO) nothing special but can be a pretty decent game.

There are a ton of them out there, especially Asian MMOs. Check out mmorpg.com for the most popular all around. If I remember that special Asian MMO site I'll post it. There are some unique things there. Most Asian MMOs are free to play, but you buy "item cash" for special gear or faster leveling. SilkRoad is like this, as is Maple Story. Also, look up Lineage 2 private servers. I'll have to think of a few others...

Silkroad Online sucked away some 850 odd hours of my life, it was fun mainly because me and a friend were in a really active guild with vent and everything. After it disbanded i pretty much lost interest in the game. BEWARE though, the Korean MMO's are really really grind intensive, just a retarded amount of grinding, but its all fun with the right ppl.

I am yet to find a nice free one legally.

I googled hopzone, and found a nice Lineage 2 client that was totally free. I don't think NCSoft wanted us to be able to do that though. They are the ones who dev'd CoV/CoH, Guild Wars/Auto Assault if you didn't know.

Either way, this MMO has the most amazing graphics, and by far, the best PvP action you will EVER see. The quests arent worth doing though.

Second Life if you're desperate....just tried this out this weekend. Ugh...

Works for some people though but they do end up paying for things in the game.

I'd suggest Space cowboy. It is the most skill based MMO that I've played. It obviously has gear dependcy, but it isnt like WoW where it is almost solely based on gear. A decent geared level 45 can take down a well geared level 65. It's all flight based though, minus when your in town. Only two cities though. The PVP in the game is amazing though, and it's also got an amazing community. Lots of GM sponsored events and HUGE mothership raids. Not as big as they used to be, but they are still huge. Not as much organized PVE though. 90% of the time you will be solo'ing. However, and amazing game that I played for about 8 months till i got WoW.

Back