GlimmerMan
Gawd
- Joined
- Feb 13, 2005
- Messages
- 982
Vista Ultimate is 32-bit only, but still, its free and a nice surprise.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
It was definitely interesting to MS products fail at a MS event. The Vista Ultimate was a nice addition to the package though. Food was cheesy....Speaking of which, how are they gonna serve breakfast and lunch in one box and sandwiches with no cheese at that.
BTW, I'm sorry I didn't catch up with any other [H] there. Next time
I didn't have to fake a title but I'd imagine that they don't actually do any sort of reference check. You don't do anything when you arrive, they scan your email confirmation and print a badge for you. If you are talking about just appearing without pre-registering, I don't know.what did you guys have put on your badge when you signed up, i told them i was a systems engineer and made up a company is that ok?
For those that went, should I bring a laptop?
Wireless access required an account, I think you may have had to pay the hotel for access. One guy had a laptop out towards the end and seemed pretty frustrated.
Yeah, I used my treo with a wifi card running a java proxy to do a little surfing on my Ipod touch. The treo renders the pages but not as fast and definately not as legible as the ipod. I got pretty good data reception inside the convention hall.swatbat said:Yea generaly you will not have a free wifi for these events. I have an evdo card so I just use that.
in for the NYC party
who wants to get drunk and come ?!?!?
when are you suppose to get the confirmation email? i got the one from back when i first signed up but they said they would send another one out a week before the event?
I'm still waiting for my confirmation email for the Detroit event on Tuesday as well.
The breakfast in a bag was lame but the bag was decent.
Yup. I fired off an email to Microsoft about the 64bit version as soon as I got home. This is their response:I'm really disappointed.
I attempted to order the 64 bit media for Vista Ultimate today and it wouldn't allow it.
Dat sux M$!
![]()
Microsoft said:Hello Tesfaye,
Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, the free version of Windows Vista offered through this campaign is 32 bit only. The 64 bit version is now available through retail outlets. For more information about the different editions of Windows vista, please visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/editions/default.mspx
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know and have a great day.
Regards,
Stephanie
Windows Vista SP1 Registration Administrator
I attended the event in Detroit today, and got the typical server 2008, sql 2008, VS 2008 standard, and vista ultimate. and yes, we got the breakfast/lunch, and it came in a pretty nice lunch cooler also. the SQL is a CTP (community technology preview) whatever that means. and the server 2008 is a special evaluation license (but that did come with both the 32-bit and the 64-bit discs, as did the SQL server CTP
I went to the one in Boston , got vista sp1 32bit and 1 year trial of server 2008 enterprise also SQL server 2008 and visual studio but I have no need for them, the event was awesome.
Is the server 2008 only a 1 year trial?
I went to the Boston one too, I was in the IT Pro Track, I especially enjoyed the info in session #2 (Virtualization and Your Infrastructure), especially about Hyper-V and Terminal Services RemoteApp...Yes, it's a 1 year trial.
I went to the Boston one too, I was in the IT Pro Track, I especially enjoyed the info in session #2 (Virtualization and Your Infrastructure), especially about Hyper-V and Terminal Services RemoteApp...
I've got a question about the 1yr trial of Server 2008;
If I install this on a VM, can I go an install it on a physical server too, or will it know the license is already being used?
And as far as the 1yr goes, if I format and reinstall does the timer reset? What happens after 1yr, can you not use it anymore AT ALL![]()