Free Microsoft Points with Bing (and other things)

alf717

Gawd
Bing has recently launched a brand new service called Bing Rewards. Bing Rewards allows its users to earn unique reward points, by simply using the Bing search engine. Once you have earned enough points, you can look amongst the various items available in the Bing Reward selection, including Microsoft points and Xbox 360 Games.

Once you sign up with the toolbar, you’ll receive 250 Reward points for free, to spend on whatever you please. However this is where the really good news comes in! You can redeem 100 Reward points for 100 Microsoft points, meaning that you can receive at least 200 Microsoft points for absolutely free thanks to the kind chaps at Bing. You can also earn more points for making Bing searches, as well as checking out their daily promotions.

Be sure to check out this great new service and spend your Microsoft points wisely!

http://www.xbox360digest.com/2010/09/22/earn-microsoft-points-with-bing/

There are other prizes as well. You can earn up to 16-20 points a day through searches and more points through special offers. I'm not sure if special offers are daily.

Lock if old

Also note if you sign up today you get 250 Points just for signing up.

-Xzi

thanks OP. time to bust out ie 7 lol.

edit: you just need ie to download it, but you may use firefox with that toolbar.

Last edited:
searched for some good stuff

a, aa, aaa, aaaa, aaaaa got my 20 pts and the extra 6pt offers. 300 pts, hopefully get 200 more pts, 20 a day x 10 days to oct 2. 500 free M$ pts not bad. Now to close IE until tomorrow.

thanks OP. time to bust out ie 7 lol.

edit: you just need ie to download it, but you may use firefox with that toolbar.
Yes, you're right. I soon realized that. My problem is that the bing bar really makes my Firefox performance crap. Sometimes the browser freezes, like when I open a new tab. It's all because of the Bing bar since it's never done that to me before. Maybe I'll just uninstall. Message to Bing: I love Bing and use it regularly and would like to take advantage of this rewards program, however, it makes my browser performance crap.
UPDATE: I uninstalled the Bing bar. Sorry MS, but I can stand my browser freezing up for half a second everytime I switch or load a new tab. Am I the only one experiencing this when I try using the Bing Bar with Firefox? My IE performance is fine, but it sucks with firefox. Maybe this is another plot for MS to get everyone to use IE. I have IE9 installed and it works fine in IE, but Firefox is my main browser.

Last edited:
Yes, you're right. I soon realized that. My problem is that the bing bar really makes my Firefox performance crap. Sometimes the browser freezes, like when I open a new tab. It's all because of the Bing bar since it's never done that to me before. Maybe I'll just uninstall. Message to Bing: I love Bing and use it regularly and would like to take advantage of this rewards program, however, it makes my browser performance crap.
UPDATE: I uninstalled the Bing bar. Sorry MS, but I can stand my browser freezing up for half a second everytime I switch or load a new tab. Am I the only one experiencing this when I try using the Bing Bar with Firefox? My IE performance is fine, but it sucks with firefox. Maybe this is another plot for MS to get everyone to use IE. I have IE9 installed and it works fine in IE, but Firefox is my main browser.

firefox is crap anyway. IE9 beta or Chrome is the way to go...

lovin this, already got 300 points :)

Last edited:
this seems to easy... so these reward points can be traded for xbox 360 poitns and i can buy stuff in marketplace? Could it be used, for example, to buy blacklight tango down for pc on GFWL?

sweet. I am going to use them to buy DLC for my music games.

firefox is crap anyway. IE9 beta or Chrome is the way to go...

lovin this, already got 300 points :)
Nah it's all about Firefox and Opera. I'm not just going to use ie9 so I can get rewards. I'll continue to use Bing like I always do, but I won't get rewarded. Maybe it doesn't work well with FF since Wikipedia says it's only officially supported up to FF3.6.3 and a new version of the toolbar hasn't come out since May (i have 3.6.10). That's MS for ya (always keeping stuff outdated). The only thing they seem to care about is Windows, Bing, and maybe IE9 as if they hadn't gotten the hint from the previous craptastic versions of IE...

Nah it's all about Firefox and Opera. I'm not just going to use ie9 so I can get rewards. I'll continue to use Bing like I always do, but I won't get rewarded. Maybe it doesn't work well with FF since Wikipedia says it's only officially supported up to FF3.6.3 and a new version of the toolbar hasn't come out since May (i have 3.6.10). That's MS for ya (always keeping stuff outdated). The only thing they seem to care about is Windows, Bing, and maybe IE9 as if they hadn't gotten the hint from the previous craptastic versions of IE...

Or you can just install IE, and only use it for a minute a day to do the complete the rewards and do 10 searches like me :D

But it did seem to install into Firefox for me, but I disabled the toolbar because Firefox is my default.

Or you can just install IE, and only use it for a minute a day to do the complete the rewards and do 10 searches like me :D

But it did seem to install into Firefox for me, but I disabled the toolbar because Firefox is my default.
It installed fine in FF, it just would freeze up every time I witched to a different tab...

Yeah I forgot to note that I was getting freezing issues on firefox with bing bar. uninstalled it asap, life is back to normal. :)

+1 to it killing performance in firefox and I'm not using IE

Why are these people complaining... you don't have to use IE for your default browser, just use it for a minute a day if you want the rewards. And no need to uninstall it, just disable the add-on in Firefox.

did anybody get their Microsoft points yet?
Seems like it takes forever :eek:

Back